How do I get my child hood crush?

Ok i knew this guy since 4th grade and I always liked him he lived up the street from me. My brother, him, my other friend and I played basketball together outside everyday or to play on the trampoline i used to have when we were younger. My parents love him, he stayed at my house a lot (him and my brother are close), I Met his family etc etc. Lets ffwd time now we are in highschool he moved before school started but he's not far he now goes to a different school I miss him a lot... we text every now and then but I care about him a lot and he knows that i got his back through everything but I dont want to tell him I like him im afraid to what he might say we had a great bond and now we dont talk as much anymore. he's always been like a brother and I've been like a sister to him but i always wanted it to be more than that. he's truly the only guy i want.. My bestfriend tells me that one day we'll get together and that maybe a possibility but im not so sure about it.. can anybody give me advice on what i should do? :\

What Guys Said 2

• Listen, I'm giving u the honest suggestion,
    Just ask him out and tell him u like him,
    Life is too short to wait and live with regrets.
    If he says yes, it's good for u.
    If he says no, u can walk away peacefully and u can start something new with someone else without any previous baggage.

• I suggest acting like a girl in love. Try flirting with him, lightly touching him, teasing him in a fun way. Text him try and get a few days to hang out with him. Basically if you want him go after him. Also if need be hit him over the head with a huge hint that you like him.

What Girls Said 0