Would it bother you if a girl had a lot of male friends? Would you still date her?

If you met a girl and realized she had more male then female friends would it bother you?

I met this guy and he noticed it because of my Facebook having more male then females. He made a comment that I have a lot of male friends and I simply said yes I do.

He teases me about it for the most part, but I feel like it bothers him. When I go out I make a point to say it's a female if we're talking at the time. Most of the male friends don't actually live in the area where I am so don't actually see them just keep in touch.

I'm sure that he likes me, but I think this might bother him but I'm not sure. Would it bother you? Would you still date the person?

• Yes it would bother me but I would still date them
  • Yes I would date them but it wouldn't bother me
  • Depends (please explain)
  • No I wouldn't date them because it bothers me

What Guys Said 27

• Mostly depends on how she treats them. Not trying to generalize but there tends to be two types of girls with all or mostly guy friends. Ones who just fit in better with guys and treat them like bros and then girls who are looking to be the center of attention. We had several females hang with us growing up and most my friends now are female.

• Yes I would. If she has that many male friends and she was still single then that wouldn't give me anything to worry about. Clearly she doesn't like any one of them otherwise she could easily have her pick amongst her male friends.

• No because there is no such thing as a guy being a friend with a girl.

ALL men who hang out with a girl independently would be willing to be sexual with her or it's very possible he would date her. Guys are not friends with women they are not into. If a guy becomes friends with a girl who he considers just a bro-sive he gets along not having any emotion on dating or sexual then he is extremely unmotivated the hangout.

This is WHY woman are always being friends with guys for years then having an issue where "he develops" feeling for her. Now she doesn't know how to not hurt him.

There is only an exceptions:
    If a guy got to know his friends woman/sister/cousin. She just happened to be around a lot so he got used to he.

• 22d

"Guys are not friends with women they are not into" – wtf, please change that to "shallow guys".

• 19d

No, not everyone does it...

You know what, never mind. Good day to you.

• 19d

@Harpesian Your right. Homosexuals don't. But they think all of their straight same sex friends are good looking. haha

good day :)

• If the girl is more outgoing with male friends we usually don't date her, but otherwise we can have sex if she doesn't want a serious date. For real date it is a big NO. This is my personal opinion also the opinion of my closest 4 male friends (we discuss sometimes about such stuff)

• I'd be skeptical

• It's fine. But there is a distinct personality difference between a girl that's around males more often than females. I tend to prefer her being around females more often - she then comes to me with a more female perspective of things and it just balances us out better

• Doesn't bother me one way or another , wait till you find out of all my female friends as well !! I mean that doesn't resonate anything to be concerned with to me. If it somehow taints your ability to remain loyal with me , then you know exactly now what time it is... other than that , who cares !!! Not jealous or possessive type

• It depends. Her having a lot of male friends alone isn't an issue but rather how she treats them and how her personality is.

Now if it's a girl saying I only hang out with guys because girls are too much drama then that's a red flag.

• It depends. As long as she introduces me to them, then I don't care. If for some reason she refuses to introduce me to her guy friends or maybe a few in particular, something's up.

• it's not about the number of male friends but more on how she generally interacts with guys... if she's a naturally flirty person it would probably bother me more than if she's more reserved

• Well if ahe act like a bitch and talk about flirting with them even one male friend then im outta here but if she has millions male friends and interduce me to them and be proud to be my girl then its fine

• As long as she's not cheating on me, I couldn't care less if she had a million guy friends.

• no I'd say its a red flag

• It's only annoying when they are to touchy with their "friends"
    Long hugs, sex jokes, etc are very inappropriate and put the boyfriend in a tough situation.

• I'm cool with it but I will observe how she treats men as a whole. If she is mean then it's a red flag.

• It really depends on how things seemed around your friends I mean if I get the sense they hitting on you and such I would at least voice some concern

• Red flag, so nope.

• I think that most girls have a lot of guy friends. So I'd still date her. It just depends on trust and our bond. But I wouldn't want them hanging out 24/7.

• I wouldn't care as I only do open relationships. As such I highly doubt my SO is fucking some guy friend on Farcebook 1000 miles away and even if so as long as she's not bragging about it and openly comparing us (cock size or otehrwise) I won't care.

• One of the reasons why I don't have FB.

I choice "depends" by the way.

• all depends on honesty. if she is really willing to be open and not hide where she goes etc (not in an obssesive way tho). and depends on how extreme it is (how many friends and time)

• It doesn't bother me and I wouldn't date them because I'm asexual/aromantic.

• I'll go with choice C.

• I'd be bothered only if she chose her friends over me, like hanging out/talking to them more than me. Sorry, but i'm a man and we tend to get jealous.

• I'm so alpha that I can go weeks and weeks without seeing another guy that could beat me so chances are your friends are no threat to me.

• It bothers me, I feel like you like attention and it's easier for you to hook up with a guy if we fight. I don't trust your guy friends either, I know what they want.

• 22d

I was in an abusive relationship for five years I lost almost all female friends. The males are people who were his friends but stuck by me in the end because they knew me and found out what actually was going on..

• 22d

I am sorry to hear that,

But on the surface I wouldn't see that.

• unless the girl flirts with all those guys, it would be fine with me

What Girls Said 6

• Well am 37 an i have always had a lot of male friends not cos i have fucked most of them or just been really gud friends but i just get along better wit males then females an they like to start shit an i ain't got time for bullshit so i just dont talk to females i got 3 female friends i talk to sum times an da rest are males i just grow up like dat an am from brooklyn ny male friends are more likely to have ur back cos they are protected of there female friends they know if sum shit brake out wit sum bitch their female friend going to have their back. An most females they not going to get into wit sum girl they dont know cos they afraid.

• I grew up with two brothers. So I have a lot of guy friends because I'm comfortable around guys! There's a difference between my bros and the guys I wanna date. I don't date bros.

• i voted b.

• Good to see that a lot of you guys are okay with it

• Honestly, guys, even if you know your girlfriend's male friends would sleep with her if they got the chance, you should trust her enough to stay faithful. Unless they're openly flirting with her, you should get over your own insecurities and let her have her friends in peace. Plus, if she was attracted to her friends, she would've probably made a move on them instead of dating you.

• it depends on what friends. quiet nerds that wouldn't touch a female fly, or hot alpha players that dont let even female cats to escape from their trophy collection? also how flirty and indiscreet you are with them? how often do you talk/meet. how do u behave around them?