My date last night was awful. Agree?

hi :)

Been seeing a guy once a week for about six weeks, we have had really nice dates some of them I have felt a spark and some of them not so much. Thought I'd give it a go rather than calling it off early without proper chance.

Last night we went out for a film and a few drinks and it was going OK then through the evening, he just seemed a bit weird & distant consistently. E. g, didn't try to kiss me, hold my hand or make an effort to sit next to me at bars (rather, opposite me so we were shouting) also felt he just wasn't concentrating to what I was saying / looking around at everything else which I've noticed a bit consistently.

Then I left to get my bus baring in mind I was in a busy city not my own at 10pm & wasn't sure where my bus stop exactly was - he says, do you know where it is? I said its says 7 mins from here on my phones maps. He said ok because I'm going to go and get a McDonalds. I was thinking - wtf, your happy to leave me find my bus on a busy night also knowing I didn't know exactly where my stop was. Before this, he said "I'm not gonna kiss you as you have a cold" we have kissed before when he was ill.

I said then & there he had been weird tonight, he says it works both ways - and he "doesn't know" as he hadn't had a long term relationship before? He told me to text him the next day and we went our separate ways.

Woke up to a text from him, saying we should end it here. I didn't reply. I'm kind of relieved but even last Tuesday we had such a nice date, so no clue what changed since there. I think he got in first with his message this morning.

Think I'm best rid? Xx

What Guys Said 11

• He texted you that he wants to end it so thats not up for a debate lol but yes I think you're better off without him. He doesn't sound like a nice person.

• 24d

Completely. I was going to text him the same after last night. That's not the type of guy i want anyway. Not debating that. Was just shocked at the way he was makes sense he hasn't had a relationship?

• Yeah, he did say you should end it, so that's the end of it.

For whatever reason he tried to give it a go and it didn't work out for him either.

• 24d

Not debating that. However he didn't have the guts to agree when I brought it up to his face. Not cool.

• 24d

Not cool no, but only 6 weeks in he probably felt you can be disposed of via text.

To answer your 2nd question, it's quite impossible to say whether he has had a long term relationship before, he might well have come out of one a year ago and he's simply used to dropping girls in this fashion having done it several times already.

• Yeah, he sounds like a selfish loser.

• Well, look at the bright side, no awkward "goodbyes".

• I don't see why this makes him an asshole or aweful as some other people said. He just wasn't feeling it, sometimes you can't tell right away, that's the point of taking time to get to know someone. At least he told you after 6 weeks instead of 6 months.

But of course you're better off without him, since he must not have been that into you to begin with.

• 23d

I knew all along something just wasn't there but I was giving it a chance as I KNOW I have thrown towel in too early with previous guys.

Maybe I was just more aware of the flaws between us on our last date + his very odd behaviour was enough for me. His text the next morning was because he knew I knew the same thing.

For him to be on date with me that he arranged, and act so weird when literally a few days prior he's telling me how much likes me, can't stop kidding me, taking me out after work (travelling to me on bus) etc is very odd.

But it's weird as I'm not upset as ultimately I didn't want him to meet my friends and family, some things he did were annoying / embarassing.

I feel i have let myself down / played myself which isn't nice as i prose myseld on not letting a guy disrespect me or make me go against how I want to be treat sorry for ramble!

• 22d

How did he disrespect you or go against how you want to be treated?

• Guys a dousche

• I've had my share of these. Amazing first date and then the second date you wonder if you're saying a different person. Don't even reply, he's not worth your time

• Yeah you are better off without him. What an ass.

• You went to movies and bars? Talking over that s*** is annoying.

But that sucks. Not enough intel to tell you if it's best or not

• That's rude from him..

• "bad', much like a lot of the things in the world, is relative, and subjective

What Girls Said 6

• Wow yeah that date was not good. I wouldn't have respond either to his text. Don't worry though. I know ur probably feeling crappy but you're young and there's lots of other guys out there. This one just wasn't for you and that's okay. I wish u all the best😊

• 24d

I really don't feel sad. Just felt I was treat like crap on a date he organised, then left at the end of it. Very strange and thank you so much! 😘

• 24d

Ok good! I'm glad u don't feel sad. You deserve better than that. & yeah no problem hun🙃

• id walk someone to a bus even if i was going to dump them.

• He's weird and doesn't care about your safety, dump him.

• 24d

Yes. Well he ended it I guess as he knew I was going to tell him same thing today! It sealed the deal last night so I'm
      Pleased he did it in a way as there was no going back from that for me, nothing worth fighting for. Thank you.

• Sorry to hear that. Sounds like he lost interest

• He probably slept with an ex he's been wanting to get back with or met someone else. But who knows? You've only known him six weeks, maybe he's being investigated for a crime or is getting too broke to keep going out or realized something about you two that isn't compatible. Dating is weird.

• Defo well rid!
    Lucky you got that text haha.

• 24d

I was going to send him one first but he knew that was coming. God, it's a wonder who will go out with someone like that for longer than 6 weeks. Very strange dude.

• 24d

Yea, with some people, when they say they've never had a long term or serious relationship, you can really see why. Others, it's not so apparent, but with this one... yea... you know lol.