She says I'm too sweet to her when she doesn't deserve it?

So I've been dating this girl for about 5 months. Things have been up and down between us but at the end of the day we make it work. I'm always down to hang with her, even if I'm her backup plan I'm always there. Every time she's feeling sad, I'm always there. She's told me she's had a rough past with her last 2 boyfriends who treated her like garbage. She has really bad trust issues but not just with romantic ones. She also can't trust her family for some reasons she has told me. The other day she was feeling sad from something that happened earlier this week and I sent her a really long goodnight message saying I'm always a phone call away. She replied at 4 in the morning saying she doesn't know why I'm so sweet to her cause she doesn't deserve it but she appreciates everything I do for her. I told her that wasn't true and I couldn't find a reason she wouldn't deserve it. Then she replied with Well we'll just leave it at that then... which I don't know what that meant. We talked like normal afterwards and she said she'll call me later to say goodnight. Should I be less sweet or what?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• Stop being too nice. Women will leave you and look for a bad boy... if she is being a bitch... tell her. She will respect you more.

• No no you are doing it right and great. You don't need to change. She can't bear it up with her past experiences. She had bad experiences. So your sweetness is new thing to her. She will adopt to it. You don't need to change. She likes it. She will respond to it better eventually. Don't change. Guys like you are pretty rare. Keep it.

• Nah, be yourself. Pretty much she does not know what she does to deserve you. Continue to offer support. You are not the problem it her inability to understand is the issue

• I've been told this for a while now and i'm learning slowly but surely when you're that guy that is supportive and caring. It's sometimes best to fall back just a little bit only because they'll miss not having you around and well value you a lot more

• If you continue to be too nice to her she will leave you.