Girls, What did I do to make her not want to hug me?

I'm a girl, 17, at a get together I met this beautiful, intelligent girl and we connected instantly. We started out flirting, but then when I asked her a question later on she seemed annoyed, so I left her alone. Then she came and got close to me again and started flirting with me so I would respond with flirting, and every time she'd tell a joke, even to someone else, she'd look at me for my reaction and smirk. We flirted the whole party, but then during the movie the girls squished us together on the couch. I was afraid she'd be disgusted, but she kind of rubbed my leg with her arm or rubbed my hip or my elbow, and she whispered jokes and opinions to me the whole movie, and we were constantly laughing. Sometimes I sensed she was uncomfortable, so I'd give her space. But then if I laughed at a joke she'd press against me again. Then I went to the bathroom, I came back and she was spread out to replace my seat. I was horrified, thinking I must've disgusted her, so I sat as far away as possible and didn't look at her until she left. Then she said goodbye to and accepted hugs from everyone but me, even a girl she didn't know, and averted eye contact so I could give her neither. I felt devastated, I feel horrible, I really thought we'd exchange numbers and hang out more. What did I do, Did I ruin everything?

2

What Girls Said 2

• She sounds really like flip floppy. I don't think you did anything wrong, it might just be her and her own conflicted mentality

• she probably thought u didn't like her since u didn't sit next to her after coming back. she probably felt that she did something wrong