What is your inherited advice?

My grandmother told me to never date a guy with dirty fingernails, as you never know where his hands have been. And its one rule I have stuck to my whole life.

What dating advice have you been given that you still abide by today?

What Guys Said 5

• if she shows more skin than effection or love she isn't a keeper lol. I don't know if i follow by that rule but its still funny and interesting

• Lmao you seriously follow that advice? What if he works on cars and equipment? Your hands get filthy sometimes takes days to get off or special chemicals.

• 22d

You have understood the advice wrong. My partner is a plumber - the dirtiest job of them all. But at the end of the day, when he comes home, he makes sure he is clean from top to toe...

• 22d

Ignoring that fact and you were single and he hasn't came home and cleaned hinself. he's on his lunch picking up something at the store and sees you. Approaches you talks with you and then asks for your number. You give it to him but when you look at his hands they are dirty so you never reply to his phone call. Then you would of never dated him.

• 22d

Again missing the point. Unless you are blind, you can tell if someone has a dirty job or is a dirty person. A guy can have dirty nails while he is working, but if he has dirty nails when he is on a date with you.. then that is when the "cant even be bothered scrubbing the filth from his finger nails" alarm bells start ringing.

• That's odd advice coming from a grandmother. When you grandmother was young I'm sure women back then liked "working class" men the most. Working class men like mechanics generally have beat up hands (and dirty).

The only thing I was told is my mother and father said stay away from a natural strawberry red haired women. Never married and have kids with one because red haired kids are always hyper and destroy stuff (no idea if that is true).

• 23d

Wow take a genetics class mom and dad... learn something from it.

• 22d

Jobs like plumbing electrical, etc jobs require handling of rough material. Even if your hubbies hands are not dirty they are rougher. Ever watched an accountants hands before. They are tiny, smooth, vulnerable, and with a nice shade of pink.

• 21d

And? I dont have a problem with rough hands... nor would I have a problem with tiny smooth hands...

• Question everything

• Lol thats funny one

What Girls Said 5

• "Know your standards and stick with them. Do not let others compromise who you are. Have fun meeting new people, new ideas, new places, and an ever-changing you." -Dad
    Love him so much and his wise words.

• That you should marry a man who respects you little more than he loves you.

• I was always told to watch how a guy treats his mother.

• "Test the merchandise before you get married" and I don't really know how to feel about that XD

• The man of your dreams could be a mechanic with thilthy hands...

• 22d

The man of my dreams is a plumber, the dirtiest of the dirtiest. When he gets home, he almost unrecognizable from all the filth and grit on him... but he goes straight to the shower, cleans himself from top to tail, and when he gives me my good evening kiss, he is squeaky clean. The intent behind my grandmothers advice is not about what a man does for a living, but who he is when he is with you.