Is it appropriate for a 19 year old to date a 17 year old?

I was wondering, is it? I have a lot of people say yes but some say no. What do you think?

0|0
7|10

What Girls Said 7

• If you have to ask then it is not.

And adults should not be dating children.

0|0
    0|1
  • Hmm yes! I would if that helps. I think the reason people say no is because even though there's only a two year age difference the 17 year old still isn't a legal adult.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was 17 when I began dating for the first time, my SO was 19.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's fine. 2 years is just okay.

0|0
    0|0
  • y√®eeeeeeaa

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is appropriate , the appropriate age range is around 3 - 4 years apart anything above that is kind of risky. Especially if your over the age of 18.

0|0
    0|0
  • I consider it appropriate.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• It depends on what state, country you are in. For the majority part it's NO it's not.
    If the legal age limit is 18 then you are a registered adult dating a minor.

If you walked in a cop station and said you sleep with your girlfriend and the cop knows you are 19 and she is 17 you definitely would be found guilty of sexual assault.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's just 2 years, so yeah, I think it's ok.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's fine I don't think anybody would think much about it it's just 2 years if they give you shit for it o well just do you

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on where you are, out might not be legal to engage in any sexual relations. But generally speaking and morally speaking, as long as you don't feel like there's a huge maturity gap, no problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes it is

0|0
    0|0
  • nothing wrong with it

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah thats fine

0|0
    0|0
  • same generation. why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it's fine, 2 years is not a big age gap.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's only two years apart, I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.

0|0
    0|0