Honestly do you think guys prefer dumber girls? if so why or why not?

They always say the like them smart but in reality seems like they always pick dumber girls?

What Guys Said 12

• I say "I like them smart" and I damn well mean it! I don't suffer fools gladly in any aspect of my life and particularly not with someone as important as a girlfriend/wife. She can even have a higher IQ; I know I can hold my own. And I certainly hope she has several areas of knowledge which I can learn about from her. I like getting caught up in things my woman is passionate about, even if I'm a complete noob.

I don't doubt your experiences or observations, though. You may well be right and perhaps guys who find intelligent women attractive are indeed outliers.

• Maybe some do but I to me intelligence is important. If a girl can't undestand what I talk about what my interests are etc. If she can't understand me as a person then I feel like it's a waste of time. I like to share things I've been thinking about or that I heard about recently and I like to ask other people's opinions about these topics. So far girls I've talked to a lot have all been smart. That's the way I see it.

• I don't prefer dumber girls but I also think many people overrate the value of being smart for a functioning relationship. Emotional intelligence and a basic understanding of the together is way more important.

• No, definitely not. Unless they are looking for someone they can screw around on, take advantage of, or get to do all their housework for them.

On the other hand, some guys are threatened by smart women. So it is like asking, do guys prefer blondes? Some do, some don't. Why would you think there is a general answer to that question?

• hell no. I want a girl who's at least as smart as me (it doesn't have to be smart in the same areas) maybe even a bit smarter.
    The only time I've heard a girl say guys don't want a girl who's smarter it was because they get argumentative and they consider verbal back and forth being "smart"

• some do. i personally know a guy who explicitly prefers dumb girls, so he can have his ways with her. i donĀ“t prefer it at all though.

• This is a complicated question, to each their own and their is no straight answer. Guys are complicated just like girls, sometimes even more so.

• because dumb girls are the only ones who fall for them

smart girls usually don't go for guys/get in relationships, so it pretty much leaves dumb girls in the dating pool

• Easier to manipulate.

• dumber than me? yes

relationships do not work out if the women is more blessed or has more social value sortve speak.

relationships work best or is the most secure when she is subordinate to the man

• That's because smart girls have some sort of superiority complex over men less intelligent than them and it crushes their self esteem. Just look at all the women who won't date men without diplomas, or degrees, or certifications, or any other higher level of education.

• That isn't it. It is just that you are gossipy and judgmental. Guys like girls that aren't like that. Not having those tendencies, doesn't make those girls dumb. Rather, it makes them civil. Only girls respect trashy girls who gossip and judge. No one wants to take that girl home.

• 16d

You are single, because you are an ass. Even if you don't see it. Maybe it is autism.

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah they like them dumb girls. Because that way they can feel superior over them. And dumb girls are easy and better looking (because their dumb brain only cares about looks). Guys are intimidated by smart girls.

• Yeah they do, cause its easier to control them. They don't want their manhood threatened by a smart girl.

• i notice this too. Like i always hear guys say that "we like smart women"... but the truth is i know lots of smart women who are single. So i'm not sure what is going on. Where i work almost 75% of the women there are not even in a relationship.

I mean i have noticed that guys feel threatened by my education status and think that i'm some kinda b@tch. I have been on so many dates and almost always guys tend to pull away when i tell them my career... its like an instant turn off.

• 19d

Maybe they mean "smart enough to listen, but not smart enough to talk back" XD

• 19d

@Pepperjackcheese i totally agree

• If anyone prefers "dumb" people, it's because they know they can easily manipulate them.

"Dumb" people are usually naive and too trusting. They aren't necessarily dumb or stupid

• sometimes its looks and other things