Is 34 really too old to date?

I posted a question a couple days ago about dating and I got several responses saying that I'm screwed and will have to look for like 50+ because no guy will date a girl my age. Is this really true? I do not look anywhere near my age either.

What Guys Said 16

• Naw, my last two girlfriends were 32 and 27. Age doesn't mean anything if you find someone that clicks with you. The sort of guys that says you have to look for 50+ has no real life experience -_-

• As a woman it's going to pretty difficult not going to lie. You are most likely going to have to rely on online dating. I'm not one of those delusional guys who think they never age and they in their prime in their 40s... but it's pretty well known that men have more dating value as we age in comparison to women. There are plenty of dating websites that are tailored towards people in their 30s and 40s though.

• Uhm. No. Just no. I'm 44 and I'm dating someone, so you'll be just fine. Never doubt yourself. It's ok and healthy to work on yourself, just don't give in to the doubt.

• I was 35 when I started seeing my girlfriend, who was 33. Before that I went on a lot of dates with a lot of girls in my age range.

• No, it is NEVER , as long as you keep it in your age category.

• Too old to date? No.

Will it reduce your chances and keep reducing? Yes. Beauty and youth are fading goods.

• I'm sure many guys in their late 30s or early 40s are willing to date girls of your age

• Naa, there's no such thing as too old to date

• No, i would date a girl your age.

• Noooo. It's never too late!! :)
    Enjoy!

• No that's rubbish! 34 is not old at all! You are fine for dating from 20 - 50 yr olds I would say

• Never to old. At your age majority are Wed. I 45 when I met my second wife

• age should never count. as long as two people love each other , it is all that should matter !

• My mom's 44 turning 45 and still finds guys to scratch her itch...

• Women are In their prime at 14-29 so depends on what kind of man you want because a man is in his dating prime 29-45 and get a lot younger and hotter than a woman in her thirties.

• I'd totally date you, pics?

• 23d

Only level 1, can't message yet

• 22d

I've never thought about it, so I'm not sure. Looks really don't matter to me.

• 22d

They should, no one falls in love at first personality

What Girls Said 9

• No! Of course it's not. Don't listen to these guys with their bullshit opinion. Of course guys want to date younger chicks but they don't want anything serious with them. They settle down with women similar to their age. I know that because I've been the younger girl and I've got loads of friends who settle down at your age.

• You're only as old as you feel, so get out there girl, strut your stuff, and start enjoying life.
    Wishing you love, luck and happiness. xx

• If it makes you feel any better, my 85 year old grandma ditches me to go get dirty and flirty with men in their 20s whenever I take her out. There's definitely hope for you.

• No it's not true.

• No, I don't think so.

• No it isn't true. Only bitter men say so. Not a single woman I know has had any problems dating at any age.

• Yep, 34 is definitely too old to date for a woman. But you should keep looking for 'em senior citizens.

• What people tell you is just advice not something you should do. You take in what you feel benefits you most and the rest you forget.

There are many things that contribute to having luck in the dating world from appearances being the top on the list followed by personality and how you project yourself onto others, what you're doing with your life and if you still live with your parents. it all could make a difference in the outcome of your efforts in trying to find someone.

I get asked out by guys who are not even 21 yet thinking I'm much younger and even when they find out I'm much older they still don't care. And I'm sure I get asked out more than younger girls who look older than me because they probably think they are old.

34 is not old, depending on how you look at it. My advice is to take care of your health and appearance. Don't give up on what you want, if you want to be with someone even if you fail, keep trying until you find someone. Remember Older people get divorced all the time and still remarry later and they tend to be much older than 34, so of course you can find someone.

• hell no.