What would you do if you were on a date and this happened?

During a dinner date this waiter was being extra nice to my lady friend and completely ignored me. (like didn't acknowledge me or check up on me to see if I wanted anything when I was sitting across from her)

I pretty much just gave him a "fuck you" type of tip and as we left I turned around to see his reaction and he had a wtf look on his face..

Most Helpful Girl

• Hahaha if a girl was flirting with my boyfriend and she didn't respect me. I'd kiss him in front of her and be extra affectionate.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ahahaha, what a good way of dealing with it!

I noticed that waiters ALWAYS give my lady friends the good looking plate and I get something that looks like I made it at home. Next time this happens, I'm going to modify your technique, walk up to the nearest waitress who wasn't even serving that area and press a £10 into her hand.

What Girls Said 10

• I'd watch how she was acting. Is she encouraging it and ignoring you when the waiter pays her attention?

This happens all the time. If a waiter does this when I'm on a date I give a polite smile then refocus my attention on my boyfriend or date. If the waiter is still being a creeper I then ask my boyfriend what he thinks of the food suggestions or whatever and grab his hand or just won't make a decision on my own.

It's rude to let any man, even the waiter flirt with you infront of your date. This will continue to be an issue. If she can't handle herself in a way that doesn't make you feel disrespected then you two aren't a good fit. I'm not saying she's wrong.

My boyfriend thinks it's funny when waiters flirt wth me, he takes it as a compliment. But I don't like it. I have this thing about my personal space and sometimes they invade it. That's the only time he intervenes, when he sees I'm getting uncomfortable.

• 25d

For me, I understand that she's attractive and it'll happen but like if he did what he did and still gave me decent/regular service then I wouldn't actually care.

• 25d

How is the beef with me and her?

• 25d

She's the one that dissed you by going with it.

• Overall the best way to handle that situation is to request for a manager and tell them about the server who was being neglectful during service. And if this happens again, don't patronize the store. And if your lady friend was being very friendly and flirty with her, then it's a clear indication of something. That is very rude of him. And she should have said something if she noticed this was being done to you. Don't tolerate it, or go to that place again.

• 25d

She wasn't being flirty, but she's friendly to everyone

• 25d

@iFarted

More like the sever took a major liking to her, and just disregarded you. That was very rude. Don't go there anymore.

• That hasn't happened in restaurants or with dates (because I've never had any😅) but sometimes when I go shopping with my male friends the (usually male) staff completely ignore them lol

• I'd get creeped out and just start ignoring the waiter if i got that vibe and i would start just talking through my boyfriend or not acknowledging the waiter.

• I would be slightly offended lol.
    Depending on my mood, I would either just let it go, or... actually I can't come up with anything else

• 25d

I actually cared about the lack of service I got more than her special service. It's great that he was being extra attentive, but it's like "HELLO? there's someone else at the table that could use some service as well!"

• I think you handled it well :)

• If the waiter asked if she wanted a drink and then "forgot" to ask me then I would just yell at him and be like " I'LL HAVE A WATER THANKS FOR ASKING ME" Or be like sorry but I saw this girl first. And be like super romantic to her like hold her hand on top of the table and lean in really close to her. The waiter is obviously jealous of you and trying to hit on your "lady friend".

• Good call on your part
    If I were her, I'd keep asking him to get you more stuff

• I've had this happen. I tried to ask my date questions and motion to him, but the waiter just didn't acknowledge him at all. It was very rude.

• I would get jealous.

What Guys Said 15

• Well it would depend. If I didn't know the girl that well. Like I wasn't totally sure that she wasn't into him, I'd just leave and when the manager tells me to pay I'd tell him to fuck off because his waiter is trying to hit on my ex girlfriend.

If she wasn't into it and looked uncomfortable I would probably just make fun of her and tease her. But if the guy caught me in a bad mood I'd probably just put him in his place. I'd tell her to go to the bathroom or something when he comes back because I shouldn't wan't her to be there because I'd probably rip on him pretty hard, and then when she comes back I'd realize I probably ruined our meal (as if that loser didn't already) and I'd leave to go somewhere else and if the manager didn't try to stop me on the way out, I'd never come back.

Not trying to say I'm proud of the last one but it's probably how it would play out if I was having a long day or something.

• 25d

I just made a joke out of it

• 25d

Honestly if you can, that's the best thing to do but I would have left either way for fear of the guy doing something to mess with my food.

• I would assume he's... a guy.

Actually I sort of did that today then after it happened I thought about how much of a jerk I am. haha.

I was raking leaves and this dude said "that your ride? nice" and I didn't even look up and said "oh the ride... yeah. I like it. thanks". I said it effortlessly, carelessly, and fast. Didn't even care.

5 minutes later this girl passing by says "falls special gift of work". I went to hand her the shovel, she laughed, I said some joke, she laughed, she said something, then walked next door to her place, then I spent the next hour raking and thinking about how hot and nice she was and why the hell I can't get someone like that. Of course until I thought about my life and then it was like "bah, makes sense!" (lol)

• 25d

Did she rake or helped with her own leaves at all! ?

• 25d

Just assumed you raked all the leaves for her :P

• 25d

Heck no. I want her to like me, not think "He's not good enough for me". lol

• Come on man, he was being nice to your lady, u should be happy about it.
    Now, do u think your woman wouldn't have seen it?
    I'm sure she did see it, and what u did she wouldn't have appreciated it

• 25d

Naa, not gonna be happy for almost receiving 0 service.

• That's weak that you even left a tip considering tips are just ridiculous to begin with. This definitely calls for 1 cent for the sake of it

The best way is to dominate the situation by being the person who is directing the topics and desires of what she needs when he comes around. Not even giving him a chance to play footsies with your dAte

• I would be "Put Out" like yourself - The tip seems suitable revenge

• I would be more amused than angry, and happy to be out with the woman that other guys wish they were with.

• I would put his tip in a full h lass of water and put my sock on top of it then laugh as I watch him fish it out.

• I wouldn't have given any tip.

• I wouldn't care i would only get angry if he insult the person with me especially if she is a woman and i care about her

• 0|1
  • I fucking hate those types of waiters. They are hitting on your girl and expect a tip, here is a fucking tip scumbag! Get the fuck back! 👊🏽

• It would never happen because I don't go on dates but if a waiter ignores me and is completely nice to my friend/relative, I would've reacted the same way you did.

• Probably the same so long as i didn't plan to ever go there again.

• 25d

Yeah, its a spot I never been to and don't think I'd go back to

• I would be mad and give him 1 penny tip and be like don't spend it on one place bow

• I would've done what you did.