My best friend and I like the same boy but he only likes me, not her... what do I do?

My bestie and I like the same boy but he only likes me and we have recently started dating, he makes me so happy but I don't k ow what to do about my best friend, she said she would eventually get over it but, I can see it in her eyes she won't, yes I love her but I do put my own happiness over hers, wow that sounds selfish but I do I deserve to be happy to. What do I do?

What Guys Said 2

• to repay you for your advice, here i am. i am actually been ina situatuon like this before (surprisingly) only i was on the other end. i had known this person for quite some time, and they got the girl. at first i was upset, but i moved on, just as all real friends would. hope this helped

• If I was the guy, I'd walk away from both

What Girls Said 6

• Do not sacrifice a friendship for a boy. Especially since relationships at your age aren't serious and don't last. Your friendship has so much more potential to last. I would never sacrifice a friendship for a boy. "sisters before misters" -Bumper from Pitch Perfect

• From experience, a lot of the time you lose friends in high school, it's going to be over a guy. Once you lose them, you don't get them back. It's probably too late for you and your friend though.

One of the first rules of dating is don't touch anyone your friend is interested in. Guess you're going to learn that the hard way.

• If he makes you happy then go for it. You don't want to regret it, take it from experience. Just try to keep the things between you and your boyfriend between you two. Don't talk about him with your friend. You would only make it worst for her. Good luck

• Boys are worth loosing friends

• Y'all are 14, she'll get over it.

• If he truly makes you happy etc then keep him, oh she's truly your beside she'll get over it xx good luck