I'm falling in love for a guy online... Is it crazy? Do guys develop feelings or a connection to females just through online?

We've been friends on Facebook for 5 months. We have had conversations that have lasted 8/9 hours and overnight until sun up. Not deep or dark things but just conversation, that flows SO EASILY. We have the same interests and same way of talking, honestly I feel in shock I "met" him and I think about him every single day. We have not met yet but we have discussed doing so and exactly what we'd do, not sexually, I mean, we've talked about making out and stuff but he's trying to be respectable.. he wants to know me as a person.. I'm SO into this guy.. I'm banking everything on he and I working out. It's in my gut, and I feel like I've caught some disease. I haven't ever felt this way in my life towards any guy in person or online, and I feel like I've lost my head. But now I feel so doubtful or sad because what if it's all in my head? How do I know he thinks about me just as much as I do him? He initiates majority of the conversations. We've gone a month or more without talking though and he always comes back like no time has passed (he tours for work so he travels and when he comes back he messages me first thing). Each time he takes it up a notch, like he suggests we should do this and that together this winter, he'll show me this and here and take me there, etc... but then there are days where we won't talk or a week, and it makes me feel so much doubt. I can't talk to him about it because I don't want to appear crazy into him... Is there is a great possibility he likes me just as much?

• He could definitely feel the same as you
  • No, guys don't fall for females online or develop feelings
  • Comment

Most Helpful Guy

• I bet he is very handsome for you to fall for him online, right? And no this isn't something weird this has happened to other people that I know too.

• 21d

No he isn't. He just reminds me of all my favorite things.

• 21d

I will keep you informed (: thank you! You're the most understanding!

• 21d

You are welcome. You can follow me if you want and message there, I will be glad to help you with anything.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes of course

• Yeah lol. Thats kinda strange, it's not bad but if you fall in love it has to be in person, someone you know in REAl life.

• Nope.. likely is just wanting to get you to fall for him so you can be a cybersex/camsex buddy. To fall in love we need to be WITH you.

• 21d

He hasn't ever asked for videos or pictures and won't. We've talked about meeting and setting dates already

• 20d

hmmm.. okay... well, you could be one of the lucky few that may really find a true relationship. Anything is possible

• I don't develop a connection or feelings for someone through online but I might get excited depending on how much we click, have in common, and how cute she is if were gonna meet up. You can't really develop a true connection till you meet someone in person.

What Girls Said 6

• Why have you not met in person, is it distance? I am not dismissing the attraction you feel, my long distance relationship started online, we vid chatted and started texting after a month of messaging online (dating site). Would he be open for a vid chat? The only reason I flew down to meet my boyfriend is because I had seen him on vid chat, I knew he was who he said he was. Until you meet, don't get your hopes up. When I did online dating, I tried to meet the guy as soon as possible, if the guy kept holding off, I took that as him not wanting to meet me. Also if a guy didn't message me for a week, much less a month, I would take that as total disinterest and I would stop messaging him completely. W/the technology we have there really is no excuse for not messaging someone, that does not require a ton of time. Unless he is going to some remote village w/out wifi, he could message you in that month. If he was truly interested in you, he would definitely not go a month or more w/out messaging you. If you want to keep in contact w/this guy go ahead, but I would keep my options open.

• He could feel the same as you. But I think it's all fictional for now. You need to see how it goes when you're face to face. It could go wonderfully or completely disastrous.

• It's possible that he could develop feelings for you

• People can lie online so I don't know if you can trust your feeling until you meet in person.

• It's easy to fall in love with someone online, but all you are falling for is an illusion of what your mind has created. You build an image of what they are like as a person and what your life could be together. You can't possibly know a person's true character until you get to see them in real life situations and circumstances.

You have obviously built up a good rapport with him, but I wouldn't reserve a space in your heart until you get to meet up with him in real life.

• no he has no feelings because he is a man

• 21d

Explain?

• 21d

Hahahaha. Look who's talking. I think you have terrible choice for men

• 21d

@Zazzz men have no feelings. NOTHING