How long after dating/seeing someone does it take you to fall in love?

What Guys Said 8

• Its not a race and it doesn't happen intentionally lol so no one can put a time limit.

However, I do not believe in love at first sight. Thats just lust.

• 1 second to 100 years - I fell in love with my fiancĂ© the first time we kissed. I had known her for a year, but the moment we kissed it change for both of us

• "Falling in Love" is seeing someone through rose tinted glasses. Eventually U will see the real person and then it is all over. All the damage is in between those 2 times so TAKE GREAT CARE. Do not fall for the crap, keep UR eyes open and UR brain in gear.

• Well that honestly depends from the person. Sometimes it's right away, and sometimes it takes a while. You should remember not to force yourself, cause nothing good will come out of it. Personally, i fell in love after a few weeks, after realizing how wonderful of a person she was.

• 88 miles per hour

• It took about a month in my last relationship, but I didn't say it until months later. But the circumstances that made it easier to love were different than normal.

• Time for a lot of things isn't linear.

• forever, since I'm not foolish enough to do that anymore. Wisdom comes with age.

What Girls Said 13

• The idea of being in love occurred to me after I'd been with my boyfriend for just a month or two. I kind of dismissed it as probably just a side-effect of lust and all the sex we were having back then.

No, when I look back in hindsight almost three years later, I can confidently say that I'd started falling already after such a seemingly short period of time.

• It's a gradual process. I can't pick ointment an exact moment when I "fell in love" with my boyfriend... about 3 months in I felt that I wanted a future with him and around 4 months is when we started saying I love you... but it's become a much deeper kind of love since then.

Real love isn't like the movies... it doesn't happen in an instant. It develops over time as you get to know a person more and your lives become more intertwined.

• Hard to say, it is beyond control. But I have experienced something like love at first sight in the past and I loved that person for about 6 years.

• I USE to have a habit of meeting a guy and catching feelings and falling in love with him within a week. Now I dont do that anymore. It started to become a cycle where I would meet a guy, talk with him, fall in love and then it doesn't work out. Then Im left crying, depressed and hating him. And the cycle continues until oneday I got fed up with how I kept letting myself fall in love so quickly. So now I take my time.

• 21d

If you found yourself falling "in love" that easily, you weren't falling in love with the real person... you were allowing yourself to become too wrapped up in the idealized image in your head of who that person might be or could be. Hopefully you've figured out how to separate reality from fantasy, which will allow you to actually get to know real people and develop your feelings for them based on what is actually there.

Please don't take that as judgmental - I think we all did that at one point or another.

• Depends on the progress of the relationship and how much communication is going in on.

It took 2 months to fall for my current SO.

• I don't know. I only fell in love twice and it took me a couple of months of knowing them.

• I fell in love after the first official date that we had. But the person didn't love me back. Then said they loved me later but the damage was already done

• There's no specific time. When it happens it happens and you can't always control it.

• a crush can happen instantly and love happens after repeated instances of inspiration from the person. I think I have only ever loved one person and it wasn't an intense love, more like brotherly affection for somebody I wanted to date.

• I have never been in love, but I have been infatuated and I have learned not to put myself out there unless the guy shows it.

• Completely depends. It either happens or it doesn't.

• I don't know it's never happened. I really like my by but I don't love him yet.

• It honestly varies. You could be dating someone for a month and be in love and date someone for 3 years and still not be at that point. Of course, loving someone and being in love with someone is completely different. Just see where you're specific situation takes you.