Guys most likely won't reject a girl if she makes a move. Truth or myth?

This Saturday I'm going to a party and I just found out this guy I'm into will be there too. I'm kinda shy so I never made a move for anyone, but I think this one guy might be worth the try. I'm not ugly but no supermodel (5'5, 110lbs, long dark hair and an ok face) and a guy friend once told me men tend to not reject girls when approached. Is there truth to that? How 'safe' will I be if I decide to approach him? Thanks!

What Guys Said 5

• It really depends on the guy, his personally preferences, morals, etc.

Some guys will, and some won't. If you're looking for a one time hookup, a lot of guys would be into that, but not all. Some guys won't sleep with random women, and some will. Some guys will, if they know you fairly well, beforehand.

I know that doesn't really tell you anything specific, but unfortunately there isn't one rule that applies to everyone. The best thing you can do is give it a try, but don't be afraid of rejection, if it happens.

• Some guys won't reject you. Some guys will. Its a gamble. Always is. Always will be.

• I don't think so

• You'll never be 100% "safe", but neither are guys. If you want him you have to face some risks, no way around that. But either way, it will be worth it.

• Depends on her looks, but yes, in most cases, girl won't be rejected.

What Girls Said 1

• It's true as long as you are somewhat attractive. The thing is just because they don't reject you doesn't mean they want a relationship with you. For example, a guy could see it as an ego boost, he could lead you on as a backup girl, he could just see it as an easy hook up, etc. You won't really know which it is until you spend a bunch of time with him and then figure it out. On the other hand, he could just be shy.

• 25d

Well a relationship isn't really my goal so...