Should I date my best friends older brother?

I've begun to realize that I have a crush on my best friends brother who is a year older than us. He is really nice and a good person, but I don't want it to make our friendship awkward. I don't know how to explain to her that I'm attracted to her older brother because they are very close and tell each other everything. Help!

18d The brother is also really attractive and I love their family, but he is a year older and I don't want to make things awkward between my bff and I.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't know if he feels the same way to you. I don't find that something wrong. The important thing is he loves you back and the rest of things you don't have to concern about since it's a mutual desire.
    I hope that work out for you. All the best.

• Why not? Do it!

• Well it could make your friendship a little awkward cause if you're hanging out with her brother at her house instead of her, it is a little awkward. But don't let that make you not date him. If you really like him, go for it

• I would try to see how he feels about you, maybe even ask your friend how she would feel if you did

What Girls Said 3

• Sounds messy. Get to know him better and see if he has mutual feelings first before telling your friend.

• I'm freinds with some of my older brothers exes and was freinds when they dated.

It's not ideal, but it can be done.

• I have in the past and it messed up me and my best friends relationship.