Guys, I think the person I'm hooking up with thinks we're exclusive and we aren't. How do I reiterate it to him without being rude?

I'm in college and I'm hooking up with a guy down my street. He's super intelligent, loves to smoke, great in bed- all around sweet set up we have going but I don't like him like that. It's hard to explain, but I enjoy being his friend/hooking up but I don't like being exclusive with people. We had the talk a couple of weeks ago and told him im not into dating at all but I think he just took it as "we don't have to put a label on it". i can tell he likes me a lot and it worries me bc I hate hurting people's feelings. I don't want anything to change or stop, just want to be clear on this.

it be extremely shitty of me to just assume we're on the same page right?

5

What Guys Said 5

• Well it depends on how you actually told him you don't like dating, because that might of provoked him into making him feel like you might see a future with him. But anyways its too late now, what you need to do is keep it upfront and honest with him. When you guys find time for each other again like after or when ur hooking up try and bring up the conversation of relationships, and tell him that your his favorite hookup just to boost his ego cuz men like that, but then proceed to tell him you want to keep it strictly as hookups because you enjoy the relationship and position you are both in. And he will most likely agree with you, or if he feels let down then tell him that you guys are having a great time as hookups, and trying something more serious would potentially ruin the fun you guys are having. Good luck!

• are you positive he thinks you guys are exclusive?

i would just bring up the matter again at some point. i guess you could be somewhat circuitous about it and ask him if he is seeing other people and let that lead to a conversation about dating and how you guys aren't exclusive.

• 15d

this is perfect. thank you

• Apparently this guy thinks that you're dating just because you're having sex a few times a week and he's formed feelings for you through doing so. Even though you've had the "this is just sex" talk he thinks of you as his girlfriend no matter what you say even if you only like him for the sex. But the only way he'll understand is if you break if off as if you were his girlfriend even though you don't want it to stop.

• if you want to be clear... be clear... is that simple

• Can I meet you please