Boyfriend said I embarrassed him, and now I feel like he's going to break up with me?

I've been dating my boyfriend for 4 months, and are both in college. He lives in a house with other 3 guys and I've met them a few months back, all really nice guys. He's one year older than me. Anyways so over the weekend me, my boyfriend and his friends all planned to go to a rock concert for quite some time now, which we were really excited for.

I was having a great time at the concert, but I knew further into the show I was a little too drunk. I was drinking the same amount as my boyfriend, so little did I know I was going to be wasted because he drinks a lot more than I do. I noticed towards the end, he was checking his phone and stuff. I asked if he was ok and he said yes. I can't remember much, but I knew I was being a little sloppy, and he wasn't being super affectionate, holding me or anything. Just before it ended he said him and the guys are all leaving - he wasn't holding me close or anything, and had a feeling he was being cold. We went upstairs when we got back on his bed and he asked if I was OK. I told him I'm a little too intoxicated as I'd like to be but had a blast. I told him he looked nice tonight and danced great, and he was like "you too but you were a little embarrassing". I was really frustrated that he told me that, and I didn't say anything in response cause I was hurt, n really drunk at the time. The next day we relaxed and everything was fine, and went out for dinner that night before I went home.

But ever since it's been bothering me that he said I was embarrassing - like maybe I got a little sloppy or danced funny/couldnt walk straight, but no need to distance yourself and give me the cold shoulder. I just feel like if I have a night like that every once in a while my man would take care of me, not abandon me like that. I know if he was flopping all over and couldn't control himself I would take care of him cause I care about him. He told me he'll text me but but because of this now I feel like he doesn't want me anymore

What Guys Said 5

• Hard to say without more context, but if all you did was get a little drunk and stumble a bit I don't understand what his problem is. Unless you're getting wasted all the time, then who cares? You had fun and didn't do anything stupid like drive, so what's the problem?

Unless you woke up with a pounding headache you probably didn't drink all that much anyway. How much you "feel" alcohol varies a lot. Sometimes I can have 4 drinks and barely feel it, other times 1 or 2 makes me feel a little drunk. When you're already in a good mood you're likely to feel it a lot more.

• he said it was a LITTLE embarrassing. but aside from that he behaved like normal the day after. considering you were especially drunk i think you should try and not presume that you have a very clear picture of the evening to suggest that he was being distant... i'd try to not worry so much if things seem to be normal on his end now

• Whether or not he has a right to get embarrassed or is in the wrong in doing so is irrelevant. Point is he did get embarrassed enough to not only act cold but to tell you something about it. You have to ask yourself, if he's feeling this way now how will he feel later? I guarantee it won't be good.

• You sound like a great girl. He's just bitchy because he didn't want to have to be responsible for you and your behavior. At least he was being honest. Just watch yourself next time you're drinking. I wouldn't worry too much about it..

• I doubt it girls do embarrassing things all the time

What Girls Said 8

• I don't think guys like sloppy drunk girls. I wouldn't like a sloppy drunk guy. Maybe you said or did something that you don't remember. Ask him specifically what it was you did to embarrass him. You have two options. You can either refrain from drinking too much next time or you can tell him I am who I am. This is me.. take it or leave it. Just be prepared that if he leaves it then you have to accept it. You want someone who will take you for who you are - you want to be yourself around your guy not someone he wants you to be. Your young and will grow out of the sloppy drunk phase soon enough. Enjoy it while you can.

• When you hurt a man's ego/pride it takes a lot to get back in his good graces. You must be sensitive to that. All you can do is apologize sincerely and then let him make his decision whatever it will be you can't control him past that

• 22d

So she's should apologize for having fun and getting alittle drunk all because it embarrassed him? Oh please. She has nothing to be sorry for. A good boyfriend would've just laughed it off and maybe offered to get her back to the room if she was way to clumsy and sick... Not say she embarrassed him and give her the cold shoulder

• I think his reaction was weird. I have occasionally gotten a little drunker than intended and my boyfriend has always looked after me. My boyfriend is a heavy weight so I haven't had to look after him too much but I would in a heartbeat.

• Ask him what you did for him to be embarrassed. No ones perfect! I doubt he will break up with you over that...

• He sounds like he cares too much what people think. Being a bit embarrassing is one thing.. but ignoring you basically? That's rude. Being drunk is almost always embarrassing but it's fun to just laugh it off, not give someone the cold shoulder and leave with your friends

• Everyone does things that are a little embarrassing sometimes. It happens. There's no reason to be ashamed about having a good time. Don't be so hard on yourself about it.

• Maybe he didn't expect you to get drunk, or maybe you were being more affectionate than he would like in front of his friends.
    But some guys are like this... I would take care of my boyfriend if he got drunk, but he's usually better at leaving me alone when I'm feeling down.

• What a maricon, if my boyfriend tell me he is emberrased of me and then gives me the cold shoulder then 🖕. Okay if I got drunk and told me that but still is just a subject to just laugh it out and leave it behind u. But if acts like he is a king that never does shit wrong then downgrades u only for a drunk night then again 🖕🖕🖕.