Is it wrong for a girl to pursue a guy?

I know the "norm" is to let the guy pursue the girl, but what if the girl is really head over heels for a guy and wants to pursue him? What should she do in this scenario?

20d So how does she pursue him but don't act like she's chasing him?
19d The girl's been trying to pursue and he has not reciprocated anything and I think he's ignoring her text messages and not even putting the effort anymore. She's given up and moving on.

What Guys Said 18

• Go for it. That's less effort on our part.

I don't understand why feminists (not all) want equality yet still expect men to do all the initiation and work. Not that this is bashing women but if you like someone, just go for it. Worst that will happen is the guy will say no just like us men have to deal with.

• Not in the slightest, women are just as able to initiate relationships as men are, and the only thing that stops them are pointless archaic traditions

• Not at all. I'd even recommend it if she likes him. Why the hell would she keep waiting forever? What if he doesn't realize it? She must do what needs to be done.

• my theory is hot guys dont want to be pursued, the rest of us dont mind. I could be wrong but thats what it seems like to me.

• There's really nothing you can do. If he's not into you, there's no point in going out of your way to pursue him.

• Go 4 it! I wish more women would. Perhaps false allegations of rape and DV would reduce if women pursued men so that men are not left questioning if we are wanted by the women we are pursuing.

• 20d

Ummmm. There is so much wrong with that comment I don't even know where to start.

• There is no norm girl, do what you WANT! it is completely normal Fuck what society thinks, fuck what the people around you think. Good luck

• 20d

Regarding your question update, one girl kept asking me to go shopping with her, or go watch a movie such things. And now 99% of the guys will understand that she is interested! unless it happen to be a really stupid guy lol all guys will get the hint. You can ask him out for anything you want

• 19d

Just read the update. He may delay the reply on purpose to act as busy.

• There's nothing wrong with it.

• Pursue him.

• There's nothing wrong with a woman pursuing a man.
    If anything it breaks the gender stereotype of a man chasing after a woman.
    I wouldn't say no to a woman pursuing me , that's a big bold confident move.

• No. it's actually illegal

• 20d

Some idiot down liked you thinking you were serious

• 20d

@Sametheon welcome to gag... not that many people on here are that bright

• 20d

Half of us want a serious discussion about the socio-sexual relations between men and women, and to understand the other sex, and the other half are looking for quik sexxy sexx tips on hau 2 hav sexx weeth peopl andd maKe tem l0ve yuo

• Seduce him. Wow him. Make him want to pursue you.

• Get him girl! It is a very common, secret phantasy of a lot of men, to be "objectized" and chased.

• Its stupid to only let the guy pursue pepole dont work like that some guys are shy or most commonly just don't know your into them till you point it out.

• we have gender equality... so.. why it should be wrong?

• Nothing wrong with it at all

• Go for it.. if you like him, pursue him.

• Absolutely not.

What Girls Said 10

• Absolutely nothing wrong with that at all! Do not hold yourself back just because of stupid stereotypes.

• Of course not. If person A likes person B, they should tell them if the situations allows it. (Such as them both being single). Gender doesn't matter, it shouldn't be a barrier between love.

• Absolutely not.
    Man, if I like a guy, consider me outgoing I guess.
    All I need is reasons to want to make him mine

• No. no harm in trying. Some guys don't like it, other guys are fine with it. Just don't keep chasing if he treats you like he is not interested... from my experience guys do not play "hard to get"

• Why on earth would that be wrong?

• 19d

From your updates, it sounds like he's not interested. You don't want to start encroaching in on stalker territory... if you've asked him out and he's said no, leave it and move on

• It is fine

• U can persuade the guy but make him think he is the one persuading 😆 but I see nothing wrong with the girl going to the guy and ask them out, I bet he will love that since is not the norm, I think it would make him feel all warm inside lol.

• It is based on society and historic rules, but there is nothing wrong with being the one who pursues the guy, just be careful not to look desperate.

• I approach guys. I see nothing wrong with it as long as you do not chase him.

• Pursue him