Can I get him to notice me if I'm not that attractive?

I'm not that pretty and i like him. but of course i get nervous every time he's around, I just try to look busy talking with my friends and i try to laugh and look cheerful in front of him. Is that enough to make him notice me? :(
by the way, i don't know him very well and we didn't talk that much.. i just see him everyday when I go to work.

What Guys Said 14

• Ok, for starters, 95% of looks is absolutely controllable. Even for men. When it comes to women even just ONE tiny change like hairstyle can turn a 5/10 into a 7/10. Do 100 easy things and you are a 9 or a DIME. So if you are saying you are not pretty then I'm going to assume that you are not into enhancing physical appearance because it's not your thing. Ok, that's fine.

Now to your question. It is not fair to sit around and make tiny hints and just hope that a guy runs over to you. It is completely fine to make much more direct hints. Looking cheerful is nothing. Basically you are liked a random guy and you are expecting him to be a mind reader or luckily hit on a random girl for no reason and it happens to be you.
    Do more than that PLEASE.

Secondly, If you are not pretty and that is a problem with him then he's not your type anyway because you are not into that kind of thing. right? not your loss!

• 16d

This is a really good answer! No one should complain about their looks if they're not willing to put effort into them!

• 16d

@sugarchateau well, Lately, I've been getting a lot of follows so I feel inclined to be a little more nicer.

• 16d

Sounds like a phase to me. Lol

• Trust me be your self and smile at him, laugh, look at him.
    You would be surprise guys like myself we like girls with a
    great personality.
    You could try sparking up conversation with him and see
    where it goes from there, you can't never say no cause i swear
    i always go by girls with a great personality.

• Showing confidence in yourself and the way you talk to him is very attractive to a guy (or at least me). For example there's this one woman in one of my courses over at my university and she's not the prettiest woman in the world but the confidence she exudes and the way she talks makes her so much hotter in my book than she really is. If she was nervous talking to me like you say you are with him I would not think she was good looking and would probably not think much of it but since she has the confidence like she's not insecure and very proud to be in her body that's ups her attraction to me. I wouldn't date her but I just think she's very pretty and very likable due to her looks + her confidence. But don't act like your this confident person just to get him to like you. Make it seem natural and not forced. Hope I helped

• If you make it look like you aren't going to give him the time of day by talking to other people and you don't know the dude, why would you expect him to come up to talk to you? Also, if you like him, go after him instead of waiting for him to come to you

• 16d

I make this mistake all the time... but it's like a natural instinct and it's so hard to not ignore the guy I like lmao which sucks... because I'm a natural flirt and so the guys I don't like... think I like them because I openly/thoughtlessly flirt... I wish I had the balls to approach every guy that I was attracted to. I'll need to come up with excuses.

• You are a wonderful person. He will notice you.

• For right now:
    1- dress nice
    2- talk to him

For future situations
    1- Do moderate workouts everyday (you don't have to kill yourself, just a 20 minute cardio will do)
    2- Eat healthy foods (no diet, just don't eat junkfood)
    3- socialize with people.

I've had instances where I wasn't into the girl all that much physically, but when I talked to her I thought she was very cool and asked here out on a date eventually. Obviously the more attractive they find you the easier it is.

• Let him catch you looking at him then smile at him that gives a big hint

• If you're not that pretty you're out of luck. If anything he will notice your friends first if they are prettier.

• try to talk to him then he will notice you for sure. I had a situation similar where I always go into this one store and I never really noticed this girl that worked there until she came up to me and did something very nice and thoughtful.

• Yes. Spill a drink on him.

• yeah... a brick in the head should do the trick 😂😂😂😂

• Does your name starts with the letter M :o

• Every girl is pretty in their own way, and what society sees as pretty, and sexy is not what a lot of men agree on. Some guys like skinny women, fat women, women that have big noses, women that are short etc... Don't ever put yourself down cause their will always be people to do that, just be you.

• No.

"just try to look busy talking with my friends and i try to laugh and look cheerful in front of him"

All of which is basically ignoring him. So even if he noticed you, he'll ignore you right back.

You need help with your flirting skills.

What Girls Said 6

• I certainly know this feeling all too well. Honestly, who gives a shit. A well worthwhile guy will not rely on looks.
    Be you, you amazing person. Show off who you are, smart or funny or sweet.
    Don't think because you're not society's version of pretty that you aren't someone else's definition of beautiful.
    If a guy is worth it, he'll like you for you. You just gotta give him a peek into what you're truly like.

• 15d

No reason why you shouldn't feel unattractive. Now I feel like a pedophile :(

• 15d

@dedguy back in my freshman year of hs and all three years of middle school I was incredibly ugly. Why do you feel like a pedo?

• 15d

Says your 17, I'm about to be 30 it's not generally acceptable that I tell a 17yo she's attractive lol. Don't worry though I don't coax young girls with candy or anything like that. Normally I just hit them over the head with a shovel and toss them in the van... j/k Hahaha!

• Anyone is beautiful when they treat themselves with respect and exude confidence. I'm sure you are gorgeous, you just need to believe you are too xx

• I don't know maybe look at him and walk in his direction to get noticed

• Men are visual and notice looks first. There are some exceptions to this rule, but a men seeing looks as a first impression is the norm.

• Looks aren't everything, the first thing I noticed about the guy I'm seeing right now is his smile, he was the first person who was the most optimistic, and he was the first person. That smiled as much as I do. So yes you have to be attractive on the inside for him to notice you but not on the outside. Honestly though how do you know if he doesn't find you attractive? Everyone has a different taste :)

• You won't, just be realistic or workout till you get fit