Is it definitely a date?

So I recently asked a girl out. I basically said, "are free on Friday?" she said yes and then I said, "well how about we go out for dinner on Friday?" and she said yes. Then we planned times and meeting and that's it. Is there any way she could possibly think it's a friendly date? I don't want to try something and have her freak out.

What Girls Said 1

• It might be possible. You can test the waters throughout the date.

What Guys Said 2

• The only way you'll know is when you try something and she freaks out. Seriously even if she thinks it's a date she could still freak out because she's not the kind of girl to get frisky on the first date or even until she's very comfortable with you which could take months. So you need to "read the room" and get a lay of the land before you decide you'll try anything on her in advance I think

• 23d

Thanks! This advice is definitely relevant but I think I should make it clear that by trying something I didn't mean something sexual - I just meant normal romantic things like touching her, hugging her, maybe kissing her... stuff a friend wouldn't do.

• 23d

No I get you and we are on the same page 👍

• I had the same question before. We went out 5 times. She apparently considered those as friendly dates. I touched her on the arm and small of the back. She did not mind the touching. But when I proposed on the 5th date to be more than friends, I got rejected she said she only saw me as a friend. My advice is do not rush into things. Maybe you can ask a mutual trusted friend to ask indirectly on your behalf what she thinks of you. You can also search online articles regarding this to better gauge your status. Personally, my tips to know if it is a friendly date are: she uses her phone frequently during the date, no reply or short and late replies to chats, you do most of the talking, she does not ask much about you and she talks to you about other guys she dated or are dating. Good luck!