How to make the first move?

It seems like the general consensus from my last question is that guys do like it when girls make the first move. But how do we go about asking for their number or asking them out, etc? How can we avoid awkwardness if things go south? Please leave your opinions down below!

What Guys Said 18

• Hey, *insert conversation*. What's your phone number?

Hey, *insert conversation*. What are you doing later?
    *Erroneous response*
    Dope. I'm doing *arbitrary thing* if you wanna go

• Just hand them your number... on a business card, for example, so it looks 'professional.'

Why would you be embarrassed? Guys aren't embarrassed about what goes on one-on-one. Just don't ask for his number when all your friends are listening.

• Do what you EXPECT men to do... Make eye contact and smile. If they smile back wink and then casually walk over and introduce yourself but say something flirty like "I like the cut of your jib" or something like that.. watch the reactions... IF you make a bad impression do what most good pick up artist do: confuse that you're trying to pick them up and your failing miserably. This will engender empathy and trust as well as flatter the gentleman in question. Maybe you tell them you're never asked anyone out before and I'm sure you'll score a date.

• I think saying "hi" and chatting helps, although the explicit first move is if you invite them out to do something together with the two of you

• Grab him right by the dick! Lol jk. Try to talk to him. Ask questions about him. Show interest. Then ask to hangout just the two of you. Then at the end of a date, try and get really close to him. Rest your head on his shoulder... then wait and see what he does.

• depends, do you want him for sex or for a relationship? if for sex then its easy talk to him in person or on facebook, hint at him that you want to go somewhere or flat out tell him to take you somewhere.

if its for a relationship then approaching a guy may not be the wisest move, some can pull if off but most guys will think you want sex if you come off too hard, so look at him a lot, flirt, smile at him, be responsive and give him signs and opportunities to talk to you and approach you.

• If you know them then use an appropriate level of directness for them if not.
    you could try slipping them you number on a note

• If you already have the guy’s number, based on your conversations, maybe he has an expertise that can help you. Let’s say he is into gadgets, you can invite him to coffee since you “need advice with what phone or laptop to buy for your sibling or parents.”

• Ahh finally a woman that sees what guys have to go through. I'm not good at not being awkward, but what works best for me is winging it while also having a backup plan. Let the conversation flow. And don't start sweating on the spot. ಠ_ಠ

• Talk to them.

• I rather have a woman seduce me making me want to pursue her. I don't like when women pursue me. When they obviously want me or are straight up with me I usually act nice but blow them off.

• Walk up to them and ask them

• Tell him hey I would like to share my potato with you

• walk up and say hi
    guys are nice lol

• Smiling and flirting helps a lot.

• Don't be over aggressive... No guy would turn down a hj or bj

• Next time you see him as you're about to leave ask him.

• You dont avoid it. If things go south itll be awkward and cringeworthy, you just deal with it and laugh at it later.

What Girls Said 12

• :D Well their are MANY ways to go about the first move but I have one way that has worked. 1. Find target. 2 Get to know target from a distance. (Like ask around) NOTE: DO NOT let others be aware you like this person when asking around. 3. Once you know enough about the person you like. Approach friendly and Cute! Ask questions like: What is your name? or Do you want to have awk. conversation with me?( I was joking do not do that second question).. Basic questions. LAUGH AND SMILE ABOUT EVERYTHING!!! Find something you both have in common throughout conversation (goal) and use that as a excuse to hangout! Get phone number! and walk away in style (mini skirts help).
    EXAMPLE: What type of movies do you like? Oh me 2 ! :D Did you hear bout this movie out NOW? really!!! We should see it together (add in cute giggles) He says yeah and bleh. Then you add lol ok well ill text you the details (blush) get number walk away in style!!! c;

• Go slow with Joe and begin a Friendship to see if he just Might end up Giving you his Number first.
    However a Shy guy may Not be Johnny on the Spot, so you May have to be Light and Semi sweet and Ask him if he might Want to Text by asking him First?
    Usually though, if Someone really is Into you or even Likes your company as a Friend, Exchanging numbers from their Heart from the Start is No problem. xx

• If you're not sure whether he likes you back, try to let him know your intentions without coming across as a stalker. I wouldn't recommend spilling all your feelings and asking for his number in one setting. If anything that will diminish your chances of winning him over. Instead, stay friends for the time being and gradually as you become closer it will become easier to ask him out. Who knows? He might accept. Guys are much more willing to accept a date with a girl he knows well.

Now if you know he likes you, you've won half the battle already. Tell him that you like him, and tell him that if he wants to, you would love to go out with him. He may be a little intimidated, but generally speaking if a guy likes you he will accept an invitation like that from the girl he likes.

If you ask him out and he rejects you, don't feel bad. He probably has a valid reason, and if not he's not worth your time or energy, and in which case you should move on. This doesn't mean you can't be his friend, but respect his wishes and don't push it. Not only will it diminish your chances of landing a date with him in the future but it may end your friendship altogether.

In the event that things get awkward, don't worry. He's probably just as nervous as you. But, you can't always avoid it. Instead, embrace it. It's not the end of the world, and in personal experience some guys like girls that get nervous around them.

Hope this helps!

• I use to be super shy. But I was the one to make the first move. I had a sudden burst of confidence and courage and told him we should snuggle sometime. He had the goofiest smile on his face. I'll never forget it.

• No idea, I'd probably say "hey, we should hang out sometime, how about we exchange numbers to make some plans". But if i knew he liked me but was too afraid to ask me himself. I would go up to him when he's alone and tell him that I had a crush on him or thought he was cute. Then I'd ask of he wanted to hang out sometime and take down my number. ( I almost came close to doing that once).

• If you're at a restaurant, and you see him there (but not with another girl!) you can always have the waiter send him a drink or an appetizer. Get the waiter to let you write a real quick little message so you can leave your number.

• 21d

I meant to say write a quick, sweet note on a napkin and have the waiter take it to him with the drink or appetizer.

• Simple answer: you don't. It's the guy's job to ask a girl out.

• You can just hand him your # and walk away. Never tried it but it has actually worked for a couple women before.

Or just strike up a conversation. Be friendly, fun, and if things are going well, invite him somewhere and exchange contact info.

• I've never did it, but just striking up a convo, or asking their name to start with is cool. Try talkin to them ab something they're interested in, sharing an interest is always good.

• At the right moment, just say "Hey, can I get your number so we can talk sometime? you can put a little smile on your face after saying that and hope for the best (:

• Throw a Pokemon ball at him.

• you can avoid the awkwarness by just playing it off as if nothing happened