Why guys in their 20s feel so attracted to 17/18 year old girls? And why they are so weird?

i mean seriously why? Why this obsession with teenagers?

There's a guy who is chasing me, and he is 22 and I'm 18.. i don't think is appropriate to hang out with this guy of course, but well I give him a chance and we hang out we went and have a dinner, we were walking to the car and he says "you are showing to much" and he practically took my zipper of my shirt and closed my shirt..
i mean I'm only 18.. and I give him a chance because maybe maybe I could change my mind but omg the worst thing. And all my friends boyfriends are 22/23 and I just don't get it. I really don't.
GUYS WHY IF YOU ARE GOWN UPS, you hang out with teens? And why you guys feel like you can control the girl?

What Guys Said 21

• The female brain finishes the physiological restructuring of neurological puberty, and enters the 'young adult' phase, at the average age of 10.1. The male brain, on the other hand, only finishes the physiological restructuring of neurological puberty and enters the 'young adult' phase at the average age of 12. And we remain in this 'young adult' developmental phase until the average age of 31 for females, and 33 for males.

So, let's compare your levels of mental maturity. He's 22- he's 10 years into the 'young adult' phase. And you're 18- you're 8 years into the 'young adult' phase. So, actually, the neurological age gap between you is exactly the same as it would be between you and a guy the exact same age as yourself. The average 22yr old guy's got the same level of mental maturity as the average 20yr old girl; and the average 18yr old girls' got the same level of mental maturity as the average 20yr old guy.

So, what's the big deal? The mental age gap between him and you's no different to that between you and the guys your own age- would you feel disgusted about one of your female friends dating a fellow 18yr old guy, and call her out as a sick, manipulative, controlling pervert and pedo for dating someone who's mentally 2yrs younger than her? Thought not. Double standards...

• 18d

But this is "mental age" people are not gonna see this, people are gonna see a 18 year old with a 22 year old pervert

• 18d

Ok, you're just weird. Or trolling, or cuckoo, or neurotic.

• 17d

Weird? Trolling? Crazy? Are you serious 😳.
      Weird Is that you people don't see a problem in this 22 year old guys hanging out with teens.. and see it as normal

• Largely because they are too immature for a relationship with females their own age so they pick on the innocent and vulnerable.

My HS was so crowded with cars, guys in their 20's or older picking up their HS girl friends after school was out, that parents couldn't get to the front of the school to pick up their kids at that time.

• I think that guys often target younger girls because they're easier to impress. The thing that's weird about your question is that you agreed to go out with the guy even after you said it wasn't appropriate to hang out with him? Maybe the question should be, why do you like hanging out with older guys?

• Im 25/26 and I personally find girls between 17-21 as of now are GENERALLY more easy going than girls my age or bit older.
    Secondly they usually don't put more such a huge shield vs girls my age and older.
    Not saying it is easier to date or figure out as regardless of age there are tons of shallow/shady girls (guys too yes) out there.

• There are plenty of 17-18 year olds that are hot give me a break lmao. Taylor swift at 17. Would fuck the shit out of her.
    http://i.imgur.com/AjNBV68.jpg

• You're 18 huh? Funny your profile says otherwise. Seems to me you're a jealous older women closing in on the wall who is pissed the 22 year old you want has an 18 year old girlfriend...

Why do women always think they can control guys? Guys at 22 are as mature as 18 year girls... which is to say not at all.

• 23d

You make my day, so funny😂. But nop I'm just 18, 3 months ago.

• 22d

Why does it say "anonymous 25-29" by your profile then?

• adult body, and only 2-3 years younger, so most likely still similar interests. also, many girls are a bit more mature than guys their ago so they go for something older and vice versa for guys.

• 22 and 18 are both legal ages. Wtf are you on?
    Your lives are more alike then you think. If you said he was 30/40/50 then clearly it starts being weird.

• There's not a whole lot of intellectual distance between most early twenties and late teens.

That's why early twenty girls date up, and when they're gone where do you suppose all the "bros" go.

• 18 is an adult. Its perfectly legal. From what I noticed women from 18 to 27 want to be with older guys anyway.

• 23d

It may be legal. But it not the best option, and you are wrong not all girls want a older man..
      the ideal is to be with someone close to your age, 2 years maximum.
      But 4.. omg

• 23d

in my experience. I know its not all women

• Guys that are 22 are still immature. They're still figuring things out socially how an adult should be like. So asking you to zip up is his awkward attempt to act mature. In fact for me personally at this point, he don't really have the right to do that. And remember, girls maturity is miles ahead from guys. He could be 22 years old, but still thinks like a teenager. He's still a teenager trapped in a 22 year old body. And 4 years different from you isn't much of a stretch.

• 23d

Yes he didn't have the right because he is not my boyfriend, that's why I said the same over and over, is disgusting seeing a guy in his 20s in a relationship or something even hanging out with a teen, that 4 year age gap is enormous, and we don't think the same, maybe he wants a girl that he can contoll, and something serious I don't know, is different this guys work, and are in college and they maybe think about families or things like that and I'm not into that. Plus he didn't like me to dress in certain way.. and I go out to a club with my friends and we follow me I don't know is weird

• 23d

In my opinion, a 4 year gap between someone at a legal age and someone who isn't is wrong, but not when both are already at legal age. For example, an 18 yr old with a 14 yr old is wrong. An 18 yr old and a 22 yr old isn't because you're both legal adults. If you think that a 4 year gap is somewhat strange, than I guess you're also a little immature to be in a relationship at this point too. Real people with real relationships have a wider age difference than 4 years and it's totally normal. There are mature thinking guys who are also 22 and have lasting relationship with an 18 yr old girl. And you might think this is weird because you might not seen the bigger world yet and see things in perspective. And I'm not siding with the guy either, maybe he's a little immature too to understand that relationship is partnership and not control over a person. I'm 25 yr old guy and you can tell I already think differently than a 22 yr old.

• You won't be saying this when your in 40-50s... just try imagining that for a moment

• If you are 18 he's in his 20, that's not a big age difference. Its not like he is 20 years older or 30. 5-6 no that big.

• 23d

He is 22. And I'm just 18, how can people saw this as a normal thing. I'm just a teenager he is a grown man.

• 22d

22 is not a grown man, that is adult, but not a man. He's barley older then you. If he was in his 30s then yes. But not 22.

• People are told that youth is beautiful. Thus men are attracted to youth.

• The younger the pussy the better. Not under 17 doe

• You are pretty much the same age...

• 22 and 18 are pretty much the same age lol

• 22d

Are you kidding? 4 years apart. Imagine a 18 year old going to the movie theater with a 22 year old.. I mean we still teenagers guys in their 20s they can go clubbing, buy alcohol. Different lifestyles

• your sexually premature girls are with 20-something year old men cause thats what they look for. mature dick. these relationships are diachronical, always happened, always will. when women begin looking for dick at12-14 boys still playwith their g i joe soldiers. thats why this age gap is created.

• 23d

girls develop sexual cunning and pervert gossip far earilier than boys.

• 23d

You're wrong, we teenagers don't look for guys in their 20s, this guys are the ones who always chase us, all they want is have sex with young girls.
      I don't get why is the obsession with teenagers, in my case I can't be with a 22 year old, I think of course I do wrong hanging out with him

• 23d

its all in your mind. there are girls your age that date much older. well you personally are like that. well its good to date your own age. but in my opinion you should get a bit more mature first... .

• bc girls on 20 like older guys ...

• 4 years is not a big age gap at all. An 18 year old is an adult.. a woman, not a girl.

• 23d

Not a big age gap?
      What about if your 18/17 teen daughter go to your house with a 22 year old man and tell you that he is her boyfriend? I don't know for me is sick.
      And guys in their 20s are always chasing teenagers. I just can't imagine what other people, my family will say if I started a relationship with this man. Imagine going out what people is gonna say?

• 23d

Again.. an 18 year old is an adult. If my daughter was 18 and was with a 22 year old, I wouldn't care. She'd be an adult and can date who she wants. If she was 36, and the guy was 40, would you feel the same way? 4 years is nothing... a 16 year old with a 22 year old, would however, be quite disturbing.

• Because teen high school girls 98% of the time go for older men over guys their own age and again in their twenties, its usually a gap of three years. Thats why so so many guys have teenage girl in school uniform/cheerleader outfits fetishes because teen girls represent girls they wanted but could never get while in high school when there hormones were raging.
    Funny thing I find is that single women my own age bitch and moan about guys their own age dating and marrying younger when they used to date older exclusively. Its very hypocritical.

What Girls Said 6

• a lot of men are inti younger females. Its been that way for a very long time. a lot of men enjoy the youth and beauty of a younger female vs someone who is older. It happens. But onedat you will get older soon and will be wishing you was still young and youthful looking. Enjoy it while you can because it won't last forever. When you reach 25, men will stop looking at you in lust and go for someone younger. Sadly.

• If you're 18 then why is your age (25-29)? I don't agree with people in their twenties being with teen girls, but you should stay away from this guy if you're not comfortable with it. Just tell him that you find his behaviour inappropriate and don't talk to him anymore. I don't understand why you'd put yourself in a position that you're so uncomfortable with.

• 23d

I'm 18. And I'm glad to hear that, I don't know why everyone seems to saw normal that a 22 year old flirt with a 18/17 year old.. for me is sick.
      You are right I need to be away from this man, it really makes me uncomfortable

• I guess I'm just hot jailbait.
    Besides, I like older guys.

• I have always wondered this myself

• I don't see the big deal if they are both over age. 18 and 22 are both adults. That's around the same age difference as me and my boyfriend.

• Average mental maturity of a female is about 5yrs older than a male. Also, its not really that big of an age gap. Also, why are you with him if it freaks you out so much?