How can I stop getting depressed over the fact that I have been single for a long time?

What Guys Said 16

• You just stop focusing and thinking about it. There are plenty of people on this website that had been chronically single. I'm sure there are people that had been single much longer than you have and they all turned out fine, and gotten used to it already by now.

• Well, you can look at it realistically, and realize that you could be so much worse off. You could have gone through several men who abused you, or truly did not love you. Relax. The right man will come along, but save sex until after he makes a life commitment to you, before man and God.

• Well guys will still want you so make sure you keep going out to clubs, bars etc to get noticed and approached often.

I've never had a girlfriend before and at 28 that means whenever I get close to a girl, when she discovers I'm a virgin she runs like I'm a freak of nature.

• thats nothing to be depressed about, im single since more than 5 years, and im happy. i mean yeah i do want romance, initmacy and all those things in my life, but if i dont have those things in my life then it doesn't mean i have to be depressed.
    Hope, Use hope is a beautiful thing a person can have. and wait, good things come to those who wait
    and besides, your just 22, you have your whole life ahead of you, instead being depressed about that, chase your dreams and work on that.

• At least you're not a quadriplegic who is also is single. So there's that.

• There is nothing wrong with being single. If you really want to date, put yourself out there. Give it some serious effort!

• 22 years old is NOT a long time.
    Try all of your life until 25.
    I was, and I still wasn't depressed.

• Think about things that you can do while being single.

• simply by realizing, that you donĀ“t need somebody else to feel joy in your life.

• You are a woman, it shouldn't be difficult at all, all you have to do is dress sexy and show your gorgeous body.

• It happens to all of us at some point don't worry to much about it.

• do stuff u enjoy to take ur mind off it.

• i dont know but ur cute

• I was in a very toxic realtiontionship it's better to be single trust me.

• Cheer up.. you are still very young... you look very attractive.. you'll find a guy :)

• Be glad you have had a boyfriend before

What Girls Said 7

• You just have to think of being single in a positive way. Think of it as guys being over you. If yours not single thing you have to realize that there are certain boundaries and "rules "that you have. You may not be married but your lifestyle changes a little bit. If the guy goes up to you you can't really have a conversation with him because he needs to know that you have a boyfriend so you're not interested in anything more than just talking to him you can't get his number you can't dance with him you can't do anything with him. But if you're single you can do anything you want. Anything.
    I saw a meme and there was 4 girls and the first 3 girls all had engagement rings on their hands and then the last girl was like chugging a bottle of wine and the caption was like my friends vs me and I thought it was so hilarious. I am single and I love it. yes there are times when I want a boyfriend but then I look at it and think, I can do anything I want. I can flirt with as many guys I want I can dance with as many guys as I want and I'm not a slut but at the end the day I can also have sex with any guy I want

• You realize that relationships and your status as single or taken or whatever don't define your life. You're not a relationship, you're a person. Focus on you and turn your life into one that you'd be happy with even if no one ever showed up. (That'll make you more likely to find a good relationship, too.) Don't base your happiness on your relationship status. There are so many other things to be happy about.

• Why does being in a relationship matter so much to you?

• I've been single my whole life and I'm still enjoying. Being single does not define you. Learn new hobbies, travel, make lots of friends. Love yourself.

• just think hey I'm beautiful and that is all that matters

• Don't hire a prostitute!

• I don't know I have the same problem.