Girls, would you accept a ride home from a guy?

Ok, so this cute girl and I go to college together. We've started to talk to each other for only a month. We don't flirt, but we just crack jokes with our group here and there. She laughs at my jokes and we get along well. We never hung out outside of school. She told me 2 days ago that she walks 30 minutes to get to her home. So I asked her if she wanted a ride. She accepted. We just talked about random things and had a few laughs and there was no awkwardness. I'm not head over heels over her, but this is the first time I've asked a girl if she wanted a ride and was wondering what women think when this happens.

So my question is: would you get a ride from a guy that you didn't know for a long time? Would you accept even if you viewed the guy as only a friend?

We're both 20 years old

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I would get a ride home from a guy if I viewed him as a friend and only a friend. I am more likely to feel comfortable getting a ride from a guy I am not interested as long as I trusted that there would be no funny business... basically I generally only took rides with girls before I drove though... I didn't worry abotu my safety or their intentions as much.

• 22d

If i can ask you another question. if you got in a car with a guy you liked, would you still expect him to make a move on you? Considering in my point of view, if I made a move and it wasn't reciprocated. I'd feel like a creep. It's a common stigma among girls that a lot of guys rape and stuff so it deters me from even asking her for a date etc. I know all girls have different ways of going about it, but I just want your opinion, thanks!

• 20d

Thanks for MHO!

• 20d

Lol np, thanks for your input yo

What Girls Said 19

• A month is a decently long period of time - certainly long enough to know if you're a creep. She may only think of you as a friend and not a romantic interest though.

I've been in social circles where someone might give several of us a ride home from something, and then later that same person might just offer me one. If I've seen that he's a safe driver and can keep his hands to himself, why not?

Colleges very often have ride sharing boards and perfect strangers agree to give and accept rides for just a part of the gas money. There is still a little trust in the world, thankfully...

• 22d

Yeah, I personally don't mind just being friends with her, she has the personality that's just fun to be around. I didn't know they have ride sharing boards in college lol.

• 22d

Maybe in the current social environment they don't (have ride share boards), but they did 5 years ago.

• I've gotten plenty of rides from classmates. Most were women, and two were guys. If I have some idea of who he is and what he's about, it's not creepy to me. But to be picked up off the side of the road by a random driver, yes, it's a bit risky.

• If he's a friend that isn't creepily weird, then yeah, I'll accept a ride. Surely saves me walking time and effort.
    If it's a total stranger, no. That's how you get kidnapped or killed. Sure, not all strangers have hostile intentions, but you never know.

• 22d

Friend ship is the best ship

• Hmm, after a month of knowing him, I'd probably accept the ride but I'd definitely let my best friend or my boyfriend's brother know that I was getting in the car with him and ask them to ring me back in like 20 minutes, just in case.

• 22d

Lol that's smart of you. If I was a girl, I'd be pretty sketched too.

• if i'm comfortable with him, yes.

if he's hinted that he's interested in me, and i'm not on the same page, then no.

• I wouldn't accept but that's because I'm a quiet person so it takes a lot for me to open up to people when is 1 on 1

• I'd say it mean she trusts you at least a nominal amount. Whether she sees you as a friend or more, can't say.

• Well, for one, I guess you lied about your age on this website. Hence the age saying on Anon 25-29 years old. If you had said you were 20 on the site, it would have said 18-24 years old. 2., I probably wouldn't. In my opinion, she made a poor judgment call. A month isn't enough to know a guy well enough to get into a car with one.

• Yes but it might because I trust people a lot and have faith in humanity. Like for reals I'll talk to people that stop me on the side of the road

• 22d

Don't have faith in humanity, it only takes one badperson to f it up for the rest. Don't have faith in strangers to be more exact.

• 22d

👍 you got it dude.
      I just have never had a reason not to trust people

• Hell no. Only if he's a long time friend.

• Not if he was a stranger because he might have some dubious intentions but if I'd known him for a while I would.

• 22d

Well is a month considered a while?

• 22d

It depends, only if I really trusted him.

• nope

• 22d

How come? Elaborate please 🙂

• 21d

I don't like to take rides from guys unless they are my family members

• Once I got to know them, yes of course!

• If I don't know him no, unless I was absolutely desperate

• yes, you're a colleagues by the way

• i would maybe i f i know him but only maybe.

• Yea, if I knew him and he seemed ok. Not some random stranger. Sometimes, random guys genuine do just come up to girls and ask if they need a ride or if they can drop her home "because it's late"

• 22d

Yeah, if a guy does that, 25% of the time, the guy expects something in return. Gas money too precious.

• 22d

Probably 100% of the time haha. Even if it's just getting her number.

• I would only accept a ride home if we were friends first. Total strangers, no.

• Of course, I accept a ride home even from total strangers.

What Guys Said 3

• The fact that she accepted a ride from you honestly doesn't really tell you anything. If you like her ask her out, wondering about it and judging every little sign is gonna drive you crazy

• 21d

It's not driving me crazy. Lol

• i was approached by a guy in jr high and he gave me a ride. he ended up seducing me. i swear its the reason I'm bisexual today

• I haven't given many girls rides recently I find unless you know them really well there not interested in the idea and even the ones that know you sometimes aren't interested either , but ever girl is different so this one could be ok with the idea and another might not