What does your dad think about you boyfriend/husband, etc?

and does he leave it to your mum to deal with it?

dads I'd like to hear from you too please

Most Helpful Girl

• My dad loves my boyfriend lol he tells everyone about him. Which is surprising because he dislike my guy friends and they aren't bad guys or anything. So I really don't know what he loves about him, but I'm happy though, just curious.

What Girls Said 15

• My dad doesn't like him. He's not as vocal about it as my mother is, my dad is more quiet and sees that constantly arguing about it isn't going to suddenly make me come round to their way of seeing things. But yeah, my dad doesn't like my boyfriend and my boyfriend doesn't like my dad, it all sucks but meh, it's bearable.

• 21d

@fauchelevent why? Does your boyfriend not have any goals in life. Maybe he doesn't work. Does he treat you bad? Did he finish high school? Could be many reasons your dad doesn't like your boyfriend. Does he work?

• 21d

@TheBigGiantHead900 He doesn't work, but neither do I. We're both studying at university at the moment, and no, he doesn't treat me badly. My parents think he's rude, he thinks they're abusive and doesn't ignore their racism/sexism/homophobia. Lots of tension 😕

• 21d

@fauchelevent i hope it works out for you.

• Both my parents absolutely love my boyfriend. They've been encouraging me to lock that shit down since the day they met him hahaha

• 21d

Not sure if that's good or not

• 21d

Ok it's not quite like that... I was being a bit hyperbolic. I assumed that would have come through...

But they did really like him right off the bat. And they were happy about it and supportive when we decided to buy a house together. And they do want us to get married.

• 21d

I was just taking the Mick.

• He's not alive but I'm sure he would approve. My boyfriend is very smart, hardworking, ambitious, kind hearted, handsome, and respectful.

• My dad thinks that he is great, an awesome son in law.

• I am sure he will approve the one who I choose

• i haven't introduced a guy to my parents yet...

• he would like him

• I think my parents are a case to themselves. All they really care about is my education, it comes even before health. And my emotional health they're completely indifferent to. When I tell them I have a boyfriend, they ask what school he's doing and what his parents do, not how we met or how long we've been together. My mom's standpoint is exactly the same as my dads. It's better than if they'd hate him though 😄

• Dude this is a repost.

• I don't know. My dad passed away 4 months before i met my boyfriend.

• I'm single right now.

• My Dad died when I was 4 so I'll never know :/

• My dad doesn't like mine much. He thinks he's ok, but thinks I could do much better. When I was pregnant, my dad kinda hated him, but he's settled down again now.
    He doesn't say much about it. He did when it was new, but not anymore. From time to time, he'll moan at me about something my guy isn't doing or hasn't done right, but he mostly keeps his feelings to himself about it all now. Well, I heard he says things to my brothers, but he doesn't to me.

• I've never had a boyfriend, but my dad is pretty strict and I think that he wouldn't like him unless he was up to all of his standards.

What Guys Said 1

• Well as it apples to straight guys... My parents don't meet mine because why would I do that to my poor date