In this day and age, do guys expect sex by the first or second date before considering a relationship with someone?

Is it the norm for a guy to want to have sex with you before considering being in a relationship with you? Or is he just trying to use me?

What Guys Said 5

• I don't generally know a person well enough, by the second date, to decide whether I would want to sleep with her, or not. Let alone how she feels about me.

I think the second date is too soon, for either person, to realistically make that determination. As far as I'm concerned, the sex should wait until after you've already started a relationship, not as a precursor to one.

• I do, but that's because I'm sexy.

• No its not the norm.

• It's not just men but also women who want to road test the merchandise so to speak to see if the person they're dating is sexually experienced and compatible before deciding to take anything further into a committed relationship 😁

• NO! If they, did then they have unrealistic expectations. If you really are that comfortable with them then by the 3rd date at the earliest, other wise it can be delayed for as long as you like until you decide you really want to be in a relationship with them and if you really feel you can trust them to be loyal to you and commit to you. I still think it's best that the sex doesn't happen too soon as that will only create a bad habit for guys that may start to believe this is getting so easy that they could probably do the same to the next girl they talk to or date. Play hard to get a little, but you should be the one to decide when it is the right time to have sex and if you want to initiate then that may take some pressure of them.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, its usually the norm these days. But I am not rushing to sleep with a guy unless I feel like it. So if a guy keeps acting desperate and press then deuces.