How do you know if a guy likes you or if he just wants sex?

I keep getting mixed signals from this guy and I'm not sure if I should take the risk of getting hurt by having sex with him. Are there any strategies that I can use to figure out what his intentions are? Thanks.

What Guys Said 3

• If he's sappy and just bombards you with compliments then that's a bad sign. Also if he claims to be "your solution to everything" he's manipulating you. A guy who likes you will try to get to know you and how you guy's might blend. He'll be more genuine and won't play to your sex drive as hard.

• dont guys usually want both.

• Mist of the time, men who want to actually be in a relationship with you will be less confident and seem a little more awkward. Sometimes, though, you have to wait and see what they say, for example, if they want to know about your personality, or if they want to kmow about your bedroom.

What Girls Said 3

• I made my (bf of 7 years) be my friend for a year before I would have sex. (But foreplay was considered acceptable)

• From my experience, if a guy really likes you, you just know it. Listen to your guts. And you wouldn't wonder/doubt about his intention.
    If you don't want to get hurt, don't sleep with him until you know for sure he truly likes you cares you.

• If he's like my, hopefully soon, ex-boyfriend, he'll insult you constantly, ignore you when you're over, let his friends call you horrible names to your face, then make you have sex with him anyways no matter how much you tell him "no" because just the thought of him makes you break down in tears.

• 17d

You have terrible choice for men. Leave that guy. No, that is not how you figure out if he only wants sex. Obviously yours is all it is but a lot of men are not like that and they still only want sex