Racist dating and the stereotypes of dating. Does it ever cross your mind that everyone seems to show racism when it comes to dating?

This topic is geared for ADULTS. Not teens. Mainly because teens have a whatever and whoever thought pattern on dating.
Most people are fairly racist when it comes to dating and preference of the opposite sex.

Don't ARGUE with ME cause you know it's true, cupcakes! That goes triple for women.

Asian woman = Majority of Asian women do not even go near any other race. No matter how rare an Asian man is within her community, she'll find him. However, one thing more important than being Asian is rich which breaks that rule.
Black women = How often have you heard "Oh, I only date black men". That is ridiculously racist. That is a pure "skin color matters only" comment.
White women = It's a + to be a black guy. Another pure skin color racist comment.
Men do the whole Black girl JACKPOT thing as well so it goes both ways.

Anyway, for the most part, if one race does go for another race it's always the most shallow or stupid reason they date them.

Do you notice this? What are your thoughts on this awful reality with dating?
Anything to add?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know if I have any room to comment about this, given I've been single my whole life.

As a black woman I've tend to get the vibe that most black women would prefer their own as they tend to depend heavily on their own men for dating, love, marriage, etc, as if they fail to see the whole spectrum of other types of men all over the globe. I'm not very sure what that's about or if they have trust issues and think everybody else is evil. But what I have noticed is that they do tend to fall for Asian men as well. Who knows, maybe some black women feel they aren't allowed to date anyone else. We've heard negative things our whole lives. So...

I have also heard occasionally that white men have tried approaching them, but the women refuse to give it a try.

What Girls Said 8

• it's not racist, it's just the easiest and less complicated things to do. Asian women mostly don't want to play around, they are bounded with traditions and culture where we will get marry and have a family in the end, so mostly Asian men are understand and have the same idea. Westerns tend to have this kind of idea - "marriage is just a paper", it's kinda contradict with what we belief, so, I think that's why Asian women like that.

Asian parents and aunties/uncles are alwayyyyyys there to remind us how old we are and when when WHEN is the wedding date. Asian people can relate this

• 16d

In Canada and US most Asian family do not follow cultural rules that couldn't be compromised by other races. Also, since I'm talking about Asian women/men who have been raised in the same school as a minority. I'm not talking about an immigrate. I'm talking about someone with absolutely no accent or anything like that :)

• 13d

Well, choosing a mate based on convenience of tradition and all of the other stuff I've been saying is more of a business plan than love. (Not that I'm sure love exists either).

• 13d

lolzz... it's just a preference who to settle down with. it's a choice, it's not like we're having an arranged marriage. it still involve love

• I'm not racist :)

• So you think people should be forced to date someone they dont want to? It is not racist to have a preference.

• 15d

Do people actually get attracted to you?

• 15d

NO. hahaha. It's not racist to have a preference and people shouldn't be forced to date something they don't want to. And they are allowed to be racist if they want about it actually.
      But it is racism to eliminate attraction from an ENTIRE race for a reason that has nothing to do with attraction

There is a race that I would never date. Well, I can't say never, but it would be very rare that I would but it's not because of the race or their tradition or skin color. I can't STAND the accent. I would never be able to handle it. haha

• 15d

Having a preference is not racist. You must want to guilt someone into dating you.

• I haven't personally experienced any of that, so I'm not sure. I don't "go after" a man purely for his skin color, I just date who I think I can get along with.

• i dont think it is racist it is preference. My type is black men I am open to other races but my number one is black guys and has been since i was n school.
    im mixed.

• 15d

And that is racist. That's exactly what I am talking about.
      If you are on a game show and there are two attractive men who are some pretty much the same and you are like Black skin. That's a PLUS!!! then it's racist.

Don't be upset though. Most every have a little bit of it in them.

• 15d

If the white/asian guy had something i liked like say they said they like cats and the black man said he hated cats i would pick the white/asian guy
      Its just in general i find black men have more in common with me and i am more sexually attracted to.

• 15d

You don't fit under the racist category. You are pretty much preference.

• There's maybe something to what you're saying, at least with some people.

I always get the sense that this is more of a thing in North America, not sure if that's true, though?

• 16d

Defiantly a north American thing.

• 16d

One last thing. Since you have that "prime" accent, how do you feel about american/canadian accents or other accents for that matter.
      Are they just as intoxicating for English women?

• 16d

Interesting question, actually - PM me, I don't want to offend anybody with my reply, lol

• Do you think we can be racist to our own race? I ask because I am half white, and for a long time I've said I can't be racist when people do questions/takes like this, but that I don't like white men and they aren't my type.
    Recently I started thinking though, you get people of all different races who hate their own race and would do anything to dilute that when they have kids, so it is possible.
    I'm cool with white people, obviously, but I just don't find them attractive. Even if there's a good looking one, I just don't like the skin tone that much.
    So really, I don't know anymore.

• 15d

Yes, you can be racist to your own culture. Very real

Example:
      Head games is a white woman thing. A lot of white guys say that.

• That's not necessarily racism. Most people naturally gravitate towards those that are like them...

• 16d

If people are raised in the same city/community then they are like them though, right?

• 16d

@AirForceOne racist within your own race huh. Man, this world is depressing me. lol

• 15d

Like how people like hanging out with family!

What Guys Said 11

• IRL, both black women AND white women don't like to date out of their race. While black guy/white girl relationships aren't uncommon, it's still not something that justifies a "stereotype".

However, with black women there is a tiny, tiny minority that like white dudes and the way they go about it is weird.

• 15d

I think Africans should date white people, and white people should date Africans. That way their silly issues with each other will disappear. It seems like they are always fighting and spreading rumours or judging each other.

• It's kind of a misnomer that white girls always prefer black guys. In fact I find white women dating black guys and black guys dating white women to be most racist of them all. Because most of them are together because of some kind of fetish created out of stereotype. And most of them don't make it in the long run. Some black guys want white women because they have a fetish about white girls. But I have seen very few respectful black guys who are exceptions, and have no qualms about dating in their own race. Although racism is not very overt anymore it is still very much there everywhere. And it will be there because we as humans are prejudiced by nature. There is nothing wrong with some form of racism if it does not take a violent turn.

• 16d

Out of every black guy friend I've had, he's always said there are great looking black women but white women. DIME A DOZEN.
      Basically they all said that there are whites are more common to be good looking.

For myself, I have been a womanizer too much so I'm not going to turn down a 9 because she's not a dime. lol... or a 3 if she's nice and fills my time with fun memories.

• 16d

Yeah your attitude is how it should be. Black guys mostly have this fetish of sleeping with white girls, reason why these kinds of relations usually do not survive long

• 15d

Many a man has been destroyed by a women. Yet, your life still seems to focus on courting them. Do you realise we'd still be in Eden, chilling with GOD, if it were not for Eve? The first women? Yet, you are giving these women so much credit? Most women aren't worth it. Only a few women are really worth it... and they might have once been men... be mean to women whenever you can!

• Racism is everywhere its just not as publicly shown.

• I always felt attracted to hot women no matter the race but found that dating outside of your race depends on the woman as most woman are very reluctant to date outside their race and often their religion too.

• Racism aka "I like to date within my race wich is normal natural and healthy anyway".

• You are mixing up preferences with racism.
    Don't be that guy who pulls the race card on everything that doesn't go their way.

• 15d

I'm not talking about personal experience. I am talking about society.
      preference and result to racism.

I prefer to only sell to blacks.
      I prefer to bully only Asians.
      I prefer to hate all whites.
      lol

• I have never seen these women going crazy for black men as people like you say they do online.

• 16d

Oh man, that crap is SO real. My best friend from 15 - 24yrs old was black. He was a total idiot to women. and everyone would just befriend me just to stay in the circle and wait until he was single. He looked his face got run over by a truck. He had NOTHING going for him except the rumor that black guys are bigger and... well he's black.

Honestly, if a white girl is with a black guy, she is always extremely good looking. It's never for personality.

• 15d

@HugIII Actually today at work. Why does that matter to you?

• 15d

@Rissyanne Really? oh, okay. Congrats...

• its not racist, its ethnocentric. it will never go away since it is a biological construct.

deal with it.

• 15d

Yeah, I'm not complaining for myself. You deal with that it's a discussion. haha

• It is NATURAL to have racial preferences for and against. There is nothing wrong with it.

• I'll destroy this later. However, I might just go to a club tonight and destroy people's confidence. I never realized that how good it felt, till people tried to do it to me. Now I'm doing it to EVERYONE.

• Most people when u look at underlying reason for dating certain races come from media influence of what is considered beautiful. Hence, white women are at the top of the pecking order.

• 16d

Other people disdain for not dating a particular race often come from racist stereotypes.

• 15d

I've found most women in general to lack being interesting and have genetic ties to demons.