Would you ever date a backpacker?

How doesn't live in your country, doesn't have a qualification and doesn't know what they want in life?

• Yes
  • No

What Guys Said 21

• No, would never date someone like that. They are like no-mads with no sense of commitment or regularity. They are never happy and need constant change. If you want a nice life with a nice house, car and other stuff, how can you pay for that when you are being a flake and bumming your way around the world like a freeloader? You need a good job/career and you need to be at work, like everyday!

• 17d

You don't need a job to make money... why do poor people think like this?

• 11d

Not everyone wants a nice car or house, different styles of life.

• 10d

@Luci160999 Yes, you are right. Different. And that is why I would not date a backpacker.

• For someone relatively young I think it's a great way to live. It's a heck of a lot better than staring at a screen all day. One sees the real world and experiences it, the other sees it on a screen.

I would love to do it again. It's unlikely, but not completely out of the question to do it again. I'd like to (re) learn some Spanish and hitch from the US down to Tierra del Fuego. Lol, that's a dream.

• This type of person would make an interesting friend but I would not date. I prefer someone who has chosen a direction in life.
    "If you stand for nothing you can fall for anything."

• Yes, absolutely. I've been through that phase in my life already. The thing is, most people are driving a hundred miles an hour toward some goal that they're not even sure they really want. No one takes time to examine their lives, to get out in the world and explore what's out there. I think it's really valuable, so I don't look down on backpackers the way materialistic people do.

• Depends what she looks like, I would date for fun if she was very attractive. Highly unlikely for anything long term, because she doesn't bring anything to a relationship.

• I'd stay away from someone that much younger than me.

• Nope

• Yes, it's interesting for me. I bet she will get some answers soon.
    It's also interesting to know the person when she's on that transition phase, you feel you know her more and actually are part of her life.

• We could be friends, but we wouldn't be able to date. Lifestyle differences.

• Date as in "smash a few times while they're here"?

• No, I don't date anyone regardless of whether or not they are backpackers because I'm asexual/aromantic.

• I have.

She just wanted a casual relationship while she was in the area, I wasn't after anything serious, so I did.

We're still friends and chat occasionally.

• No I don't but think I would

• of course

• As long as they were hot and not annoying I wouldn't care.

• Hell yea that sex is gonna change your life

• Confused

• Hell no

• Oh I meant someone who does backpacking not an ACTUALLY backpacker than sadly no I won't date a backpacker

• But I'm sure many guys would. Don't ever let someone force you to be a part of the system. You are learning about life. You aren't some brainwashed tool, that is a dog of the system. Be free, experience life.

• You mean would i date a German woman?

What Girls Said 11

• No.

I could date someone who likes to go backpacking. I like to go backpacking. But I won't date a nomad who has no drive or direction in life. I am way too interested in my financial security (ability to retire/pay for emergencies) to be able to just wing it.

• Hell no

• If its a temporary thing, for example they're taking a gap year to figure things out, yes, if its a permanent thing then no. I like the idea of backpacking but more as a vacation type rather than a lifestyle.

• nope, though I do like nomadic life.

• If I didn't want anything serious and just wanted to have a little fun for a while then yes

• Nopeee

• No.

.

• yes and then he can take me with him.

• No, never sound not stable

• Sounds interesting. If we were compatible, sure I would.

• No, they did to be ambitious and have goals/a plan. I would never want to be with someone who just wants to stay home and eat chips!