How to I tell my boyfriend? And keep him?

Well yesterday my best friend (guy) and I hung out, but awkward thing happened... we kissed each other. It was like one kiss but I feel Terrible about it because I love my boyfriend and never intended for that to happen. It's also my boyfriend's 14 months today and that's makes it worse cause it was the day before... I want to tell my boy what happened so our relationship is based on honesty but I also don't want to loose him... because I do love my boyfriend and loosing him will hurt me so damn much.

Most Helpful Guy

• you shouldn't tell him anything.. its not neccessary him to know everything.. if you love him and continue the relationship stay silent.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell him the boy kissed you, you shut it down and you're cutting him off.

Don't ever talk to the boy again.

What Guys Said 18

• You don't always get to choose the consequences of your actions, unfortunately. If you care for your boyfriend more than you care for your own interests then you will tell him. That's what true caring is about, putting the other person's needs before your own selfish interests. He deserves to know so that he can make his own mind up. If you keep it a secret then you will always have that doubt in your mind that you deserve him.

If you lose him then it would be sad, but it would also be a lesson. Nothing just happens, we have the ability to make decisions and sometimes we make bad ones. Take responsibility for what you have done.

• Just tell him. Only good way to go about it. You can't just hide it because you don't want to lose him. Trust me if you hide it and you feel guilty about it, he will know. Then you just make you both feel bad because you regret and he's thinking about what you are hiding. Truth might hurt at first but it's the only way to go. 100%.. 110%!

• "loosing him will hurt me so damn much."

And you think you kissing another guy isn't going to hurt him even more? You fucking cheated on him and all you're worried about are your own feelings, you really are a terrible person.

If you want to make it right then you just tell him the truth about what happened and it's his choice to make whether he wants to stay together with you or not. Personally I think that if you can't even control yourself enough to not go and kiss other guys then you shouldn't be in a relationship in the first place.

• One of the reason most teen boys or just guys in general are always sketch about "best guy friends". I think you should tell him as you would want him to tell you. I know you don't want to loose him (and it's a good possibility) but you don't want to hold that guilt.

• Remember this when people try to argue that it is ok to have best friends of the opposite sex.

• You shouldn't have kissed your 'friend'. That was your decision lol. Don't be surprised if he leaves

• Tell how it happened and how it made you feel. He deserves to know this, you know that

• You're only 16, you tell him, lose him, and hopefully learn a tough lesson. He must banish you because you have shamed your Love. Like Judas selling out his god for 30 silvers, you must relinquish your love because you betrayed him. SHAME SHAME SHAME!!!

• Tell him. It's all I can think of really. Know it's a sort of scary thing having to do that (don't speak from experience however) but think about it this way: if you break up, would you want to be seen as an altruist who tells the truth? Or continue hiding it? I mean, it must hurt you too, so maybe you should tell him :)

• Okay. You gotta tell him sooner rather than later. Despite the outcome. Otherwise it will become a wedge in your relationship.

Now if he really loves you and you express what happened and that your sorry he may be angry for a long time but still forgive you. He may not.

If he isn't super serious about you he will break up with you. But you have to tell him.

I hope it goes well but just next time be aware of what your doing. For guys our girlfriends are one of if not the most precious things and we are very territorial. It's gonna break trust and hurt but if he really loves you it might just work out

• Tell him. It will hurt but it's better than withholding it. Tell him like you said and don't try to downplay it, cuz it's easy to see through that.

• Tell him. Let him decide if he wants to be with you or not.

• Option a. Tell him about it and how sorry you are. Option b. Dont tell him and when he finds out say you re sorry and you couldnt tell him because you dont want to lose him. Both options have a high % of you breaking up. Sorry. You messed up.

• Just tell him and explain! Because you didn't do much, he will hopefully be able to move past it quickly. Tell him how it all made you feel. Let him have some space if he needs it.

• Kids

• slut mode: [ON] ON

• you cheated. you can't really complain if he leaves.. but at least you're going to be honest and tell him which i like

• This is why girls and guys can't be "just friends"

What Girls Said 3

• It's always important for the relationship to be on honesty. So, that's cool. However, love also allows your partner the free will to make whatever choice he feels is best for him. So, tell him, let him know you regret it, and want to try to repair the relationship and trust as much as you can, and let him know you respect whatever he decides.

• Tell him what you told us

• You would have to pick between friend and boyfriend, you can't have both now