Girls, Is it ok for my Fiance to drink alone with a male friend?

My fiance is flying out to be with me, until we move into our new apartment together. She wants to have a drink with a guy friend of hers, and alone. She is often very flirty with him, she's told me she thinks he's attractive but she says she would never sleep with him, because she considers him "Like a brother". Should I be worried about this? I trust her 100%, but I don't trust alcohol or any male under the influence, given there is a flirty relationship intact.

20

What Girls Said 20

• No heck no! She just told you that she flirts with him a lot and im surprised she even told you that like its nothing and that she is attracted to him so why does she need to be alone with him? No that is not cool and its about respect on her part. you can still trust her but her telling you that is like asking for permission for something to possibly go down. Do not fall for that. you need to let her know that you are not cool with that at all since they flirt and she is attracted to him. i dont care what she says about him being like a brother. Who flirts with their brother? think about it. you are the man and gotta have some balls. its all about how you say it, not what you say. If she gets mad or tries to make you feel like you are insecure, then she does not respect you nor the relationship and is clearly trying to get away with hooking up with this guy easily by you saying its ok to be alone with him. who asks for that? please put your foot down and tell her no and why.

• Invite yourself. She should *unhesitatingly* accept.

If she doesn't, something is afoot.

• It's fine. She's already told you she's not interested in him. Women have male friends.
    The important things is that you trust her.

• You don't trust her. If you did, this wouldn't be an issue.

• Out of cautiousness and respect to my relationship, I would probably never risk being alone and drinking with a guy I find attractive. That's just not good judgment and I'd have a hard time trusting that if I were you.

• I don't drink for religious reasons , but if I did I wouldn't do it out of respect to my man. Actually I wouldn't even dare to hang out alone with a man that isn't my fiancé in the first place (if I were your fiancée).

• Personally i dont think its ok for her to flirt with him so i dont see how drinking with him is any worse, but thats just me.

• She should be wanting to prevent any inappropriate behavior, and alcohol can make decisions for us once we decide to have too much of it so I would suggest she err on the side of caution and not do so.

• ıt's not okay

• That seems like a big no she shouldn't need to be drinking alone with a guy she obviously views in a flirty kind of way.. as a girl I know I don't flirt with anyone unless I'm attracted and interested in someone and wanting to have some "fun"

• If you trust her, and you don't think that she would ever cheat on you then yes it's fine, because no matter how much alcohol she has she wouldn't cheat on you. On the other hand, if you think she is 100% loyal then why are you asking? Surely if you trust her then you should already know that she'll be fine and won't cheat on you.

• well no, 'cause bro that's alcohol

• I'd be fine with it.

• No it could lead her to having sex with this man

• I wouldn't be okay with that.

• Sounds an honest enough situation I've friends i find attractive funny yet would never kiss them..

• My stepmom does some weird shit when she drinks wine so I suggest you keep an eye on your fiancé.

• well a drink or two is ok after that I dont know.

• Do you know the guy? Couple friends when you are at the point of getting married. Both parties should hangout out with ea others friends. Build trust. Later on, she can go out with her friebds. Alone with guy friend, drinking, flirtting... Makes no sense to me.

• Why would you even propose to the kinda girl who think it's ok to flirt with her "friend" and drink alone with him anyway?
    You men need to stop making dumb decisions and committing to these girls who don't know how to behave and then acting all shocked later when you argue with her and he's her "shoulder to cry on"
    Unless those kinda things are things you do, and that's why you think it's normal, I don't see why you'd keep that shit around you.