I'm 19 and still get acne. I wouldn't say it's severe or cystic but I'm never perfectly clear. Do girls find acne unattractive?

I always seem to have a couple zits, it hasn't really led to bad scarring or anything. it's just my skin is the only thing I don't like about myself. I wash my face regularly and tried diet changes but it has never complete gone away. The doctor said it's just oily skin and high testosterone. I'm hoping it goes away soon. I don't want to be 25 with acne. I'd also like comments on why you feel it's unattractive or not.

• yes
    9% (6)
  • no
    32% (22)
  • No, as long as it's not severe
    59% (41)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

24

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's just a couple zits I don't even notice it. I had the biggest crush on a guy who had more than just a few zits, even though it wasn't that his face was covered. If you're nice, but not too much, funny and confident as well as not extremely ugly zits don't matter.

What Girls Said 23

• Listen to your doctor. Sometimes people just have acne longer than others. In terms of dating, if a person isn't shallow they will see your other qualities. I mean, I'm missing a tooth in the front but my boyfriend still finds me beautiful.

If you feel like it's making you appear younger and it's inhibiting you professionally, perhaps discuss this concern with a dermatologist.

I once dated a guy who had BAD acne. Like, he really did have craters and mountains. I have to admit touching his face felt oily and icky. He ended up getting medicine from a dermatologist to fix it. He still has some acne but it's waaaay better. We don't hang out anymore but he's in my friend group and I know he would go haywire if I told anyone about the medicine.

• When I have a crush on a guy, it's an all-consuming thing. And, these guys are ALWAYS below average looking. I don't care if he's short, one of his eyes is lower than the other, or if he has acne. After a little while, that all goes away and he might as well be Michael Fassbender.

• Adult acne is a thing, but the beautiful thing about it is that it's treatable. A bit of acne isn't a big deal, just get on a regime and you'll have zero issue.

• Acne is too bad, as long as it isn't so severe that is just completely changes your face you know. The occasional pimple is perfectly fine and normal. I have a friend who has skin worse than you and he is still handsome all the same. My boyfriend rarely breaks out but when he does I like to pop his pimples lol. So no, acne isn't bad but as with anything, if it's severe then that could be a bad thing.

• Nah, my brother used to suffer from pretty bad acne so Im used to the sight of it. I barely even notice it when I look at people now tbh.

• By your age, just about everyone has had their share of acne and most men and women still get the occasional breakout. No woman is going to judge your appearance by it, most probably don't even notice it's there because they are so used to seeing it :/

My boyfriend still gets a little bit of acne and he's 21.

• I have acne at 21 and it's not severe, but it does bother me, especially because none of my peers have it. I've started using more products and improving my diet, and I feel like it's going to get better, though. Fingers crossed... We'll get through this.

• No your acne doesn't define you. It won't change the type of person you are or make a girl think of you differently, dont worry so much about it

• Lol no, I mean it's natural and besides if a girl doesn't date you cause of that, then there's something wrong with her, I mean girls should find you attractive based on your personality :)

• Nah, but I feel you I feel the same way at 21 years old getting acne I feel like this stage of my life should be over

• I'm also 19 years old and have a bit of acne, although I have a dryish. My face is also never really clear. Some people are just more sensitive to hormones in their skin receptors and there's nothing really to do something about it.
    I don't find a bit of acne unattractive on a guy. I often don't even notice it.

• clean your face daily - not with soap as it dries your skin but there is a soap which doesn't ı use Nilera the blue one
    and also egg white is a great thing to clean them
    apply twice in a week and wash after 20-30 min. You will see the results

• Relax. I'm 29 and I still get zits. It is usually hormonal or diet based. And other people hardly notice spots, it's only super obvious to you cause it is on your face

• Acne is gross, that's just the truth.
    It won't ruin your face especially if there's only a little bit, but it definitely dose not make you more attractive.

• I still get zits sometimes. It's all good. You're human.

• cetaphil is a great cleanser for acne prone skin. I advise you to see a specialist

• Acne's normal and idrc about it. I've never had it but i used to get a lot of breakouts. Its not something i really think about. I'd date someone with acne and i'm sure a lot of other girls would aswell.

• If someone likes you just of your looks its not worth it, attraction comes from both in and out.

• This is something I'm only recently discovering and trying myself, but you can try looking up Nizoral shampoo. It seems you only have to use it once in a while, not an everyday thing. It's shampoo, but you can use it as a body wash too when showering, followed by your regular body wash.

• 15d

I voted C, but basically the best is to not have to worry about pimples, which is why I am saying you could try looking that up.

• The right girl will see through your acne and be interested in you for the right reasons. She will love you for who you are. Of course, acne is not going to be attractive to everyone. But acne is temporary. A relative of mine said how she did not find acne attractive and now is in love with a guy who has acne and she recently stated how she loves him so much, she sees through his imperfections.

• no it doesn't affect me i find acne hideous but wouldn't stop me from liking a guy

• Tbh sometimes it looks cute on a guy if I find them attractive that is

• i'm totally in love with a guy who has acne. in a way it increases my attraction for him, when he doesn't hide it. i always feel like people with acne fight a minnie battle every day and its brave.