Does love happen to everyone romantically?

People often experience a few relationships in their lifetime, and some of those relationships may be more
passionate or stronger than the other. But the question that I can't help ponder about is do some people rarely find someone that they can connect with?

I don't have low self-esteem or am asexual; so those are out of the question. I've only had one relationship experience that didn't end well. I'm used to being cold and distant from everyone, which may be a possible reason why it's difficult to connect with people so easily. Most often, I've been hurt a lot and have learn to save myself from pain by staying distant from friendships happening now.

So so what do you think? Based off of what I just described, give me your theories

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that you need to be open to connections for them to happen. Try changing your perspective and attitude towards friendship and having fun with others and it will open up the possibility of a connection happening. But yeah I am sure there are a few who never find "the one".

• 17d

Well, I get the opening myself up to others for friendship, but I can't see myself starting a relationship with someone that I only see as a friend. I tried that before and it didn't lead anywhere

• 16d

The best relationships start out as friendships but there has to be underlying chemistry and attraction.

• 16d

That makes sense.

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no such thing is magical love. Everything you believe is because you are indoctrinated by society to believe in Disney channel love.

• 17d

I agree with you, but I'm exactly talking about happy endings or true love. Just the idea of simply connecting with someone to where I feel like I can't stop thinking about them because they're of some sort of value to myself. I just don't experience this type of stuff and wonder if it's because some of me or maybe I'm not meant to experience this type of stuff. Not being negative, I just see myself as a realist

• 17d

All of that stuff is just fantasy. You are 100% normal and there isn't anything wrong with you.

What Girls Said 2

• Hmmmmm. I am in the same boat. And what I've learned is that yearning for this special connection is in itself an error, like searching for someone who can understand and accept me on all levels. I think that kind of connection may be reserved only for parents if that. In the end every man is an island and every relationship is transitory. I have learned to focus more on what fulfills my momentary needs and a single or few-faceted connection. It doesn't imply superficiality it is just that one person can't fullfill all your needs all the time. This drifts dangerously towards kind of polyamory but LOL it's how I feel about it...

• 17d

How do you experience emotions for someone in that case though, or like what is the point of even having a relationship then

• 17d

Well I don't believe in "the one" or that there is anyone who is going to perfectly understand me, and I'm not strictly monogamous either. I'm just trying to understand how it can be fulfilling for you to have someone who fulfills your momentary needs... I've tried that before and I found that I preferred just being alone, it was more trouble than it was worth.

• 17d

@frozenhorizon it can be! Because the multitude of people fulfilling different needs makes you feel wholly fulfilled and with one person you would always feel something missing.

• It happened to me.

What Guys Said 2

• s a m e

• 17d

Although it's not even that I stay distanced to avoid being hurt, I just don't feel strongly about anyone even if they're really cool.

• 17d

I would say that I purposely distance myself, but at the same time, I've gotten use to being like this for a long while that it's practically embedded into me. So naturally, I stay away from the beginning unless they somehow share something meaningful that I can relate to. I have a small circle of friends because of this too.

• 17d

Okay, maybe that's pretty similar to me because I used to distance myself purposely a lot more in the past, when I was like 18-21.

• Yes:) But we all have soulmates, and you don't find the right person that's why

• 17d

I'm not exactly sure that I believe in soulmates or "the one". Not only that, there's people who date many partners before they choose to settle down with that specific individual. Or people have claimed that they found "the one" and were in love, but later on divorced. Does that mean that their marriage wasn't based off of real love? No. I believe that they were in fact in love, but they changed and fell out of love with them