Is it ever okay to date your boss?

• Yes
  • No
  • It depends (explain)

What Guys Said 18

• I tend to take words like ever, never, always literally. So is it EVER OK? I'd say it can sometimes be OK. But as a general rule it's not a good idea.

• If you did date your boss you can expect your job to end when he is done using you.

• No I find it inappropriate and unprofessional it's also a conflict of interest. And could get you fired or you'd become the center of workplace gossip and rumors. Which would lead to people resenting you every time you advanced.

• Nope, it's generally against company protocol and completely against policy and procedures. Didn't they give you an employee handbook or something like that after they had you come in and fill out all the paper work in human resources department? I guess it's different everywhere.

• 14d

Probably the majority of companies don't even have an employee handbook, and even less have a human resource department. I'd guess that the majority of companies don't have any kind of set rules for employees at all.

• It would be an extremely stupid boss who allowed himself to become interested in an employee.
    The possible legal implications would destroy him.

• It is a conflict of interest and would normally need to be declared in most companies. It would need to be sanctioned by the head of the company. If your boss is the head of the company then you're ok, although it could cause issues for your working relationship and if you ever have any cause to take action against your employers.

• Unless the word Old is in front of it, meaning in the past. Its a conflict of interest.

• In my first job out of college my office manager made it clear to me she would like a physical relationship. I didn't go for it (she was 7 years older but pretty hot) because 1) she was married and 2) she had terrible breath.

OK, it was mostly #2.

• 14d

are you shitting me , dude?

• 13d

@lazermazer No I am not. She always complained that her husband wasn't interested in her, was too passive. People in the office used to say they thought he was gay and married her to make his family happy.

I didn't want to reject her directly so I just played naive.

• It is completely fine to date your boss but you need to understand the split-second you break up (50/50 chance nowadays) you will not be able to work there anymore. Being your boss' ex would just overcomplicate things.

• Yes it's okay if you date him because you like him, but to move up the ladder I don't think that's right

• It's a bad idea unless you're married. Probably still a bad idea even if you're married.

• I wish I had a sexy female boss ❤️
    I would make sweet love to her every night until I get that raise

• Don't dip your pen in company ink.
    But I knew several who got a big raise from it.

• When you date your boss you now have to choose to keep one:
    Your relationship or your job.
    Both with interfere into the other at the most inappropriate time.

• Been aspiring to ever since I got a female boss :)

• GET THAT RAISE GIRL

• Only if he is married and you are his hot secretary.

What Girls Said 11

• Dating One's Boss... Could result in One's Loss.
    Married or Single, Working with One's Straw Boss, is Never a Good A-Okay Around the Clock nor Water Cooler Cool Idea. This could Add up to many Possible Problems and other things, such as you, being an More than an Employee now, wanting to be Number Two boss, or Little things in Between, if you know what I Mean, such as different Quirks like The... Jerks at Work. xx

• not a smart idea lol but... I won't say I didn't try to. well he is a boss at a different department sooo doesn't count lol... ok no he just became my boss in my department lol. But he is my age so yayyyy and i knew him from my other job for year's*yike's face* then again... yeahhhh noooo don't do it.

• I wouldn't oppose it. If it ever happened to me and my boss is handsome and nice , why not.

• Wise man say no shit where eat.

No dip pen in company ink.

• the answer is always no. i know from experience. do not take that path.

• Nope.

• It's okay if you were in a relationship before the company started. For example, if a married couple decided to delve into entrepreneurship and one became the boss of the other and they were both okay with it.

It's not okay if you were originally an employee and decided that you had the hots for your boss. It is unprofessional and can get you leverage above the other employees, causing bitter feelings between you and your coworkers.

• If you want to be professional - no.

• Nah, not a good idea to shit where you eat.
    The hot older boss will always be a fantasy but never a reality <3

• If you can get a promotion or a pay rise by doing so, then why not?

• never shit on your own door step