What does he mean?

What does it mean when a guy tells you he likes you but he doesn't want a relationship with anyone? I've known this guy for a year and we've been seeing each other on and off and we've been having sex. He says he likes me he just has things with himself he needs to work on. (i. e. he's too flaky with things, he has family issues, etc). Should I take him at his word or is this just a nice way of telling me he doesn't want to be with me?

• Run! He's playing you
  • Take him at his word

What Guys Said 4

• He's full of shit. He doesn't want a relationship with you personally unless it's just to fuck which you're stupidly doing

• 15d

Harsh but ok. Even if we hangout and don't have sex sometimes too?

• 15d

Yep. You're doing just as he wants. The niceties are only to ensure you keep fucking him

• he's been playing you for a year.

• Yeah, if you're having sex then he's probably keeping you around for that..

• he is playing when he is telling that dont want any relationship its just pass his time with you

What Girls Said 2

• he's definitely playing you

• He's playing you hard, trust me. That was the exact same thing he told me and pulled me along and what do you know? I am a complete stranger to him now.