Boyfriend problems?

Me and y boyfriend have known eachother for 6years and we've been going out for 3 months now and lately he's been saying You deserve better because of the things he's done in the past like do drugs and he stopped going drugs for me he wants to become a better person but the past just keeps eating him alive. And I myself don't do any of those things I've never done any drugs and he knows tht I'm a child of god next to him with tht topic and I want to help him like him to stop thinking like that because I know he loves me and I love him and we see our futures toguether so how can I help him stop feeling like tht?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• You can occasionally remind him that what happened in the past stays in the past, and that what matters most is that you care for him and who he is NOW. It'll probably take a bit of time for him to start believing in that but if you stick by him and show him through your actions that you truly mean what you said, he'll hopefully come around. :)

• he cares too much about you and is scared that his past might get in the way