An overheard conversation ...should I back off?Guys ,help!

I have liked this guy for some time(he knows it) but I never could understand if he likes me because there are a lot of moments when it seems that yes,he likes me,it is impossible not to see it but then there are moments when he seems afraid of me or not able to decide something .but I don't want to confront him and ask directly what is happening-seems that it would scare him...Usually he is very nice with me-a lot of smiles ,always sweet when talking with me etc.Today I overheard a conversation between him and his best friend-i am pretty sure that he knew that I can hear everything.He told that for him a girl is for life-if he chooses a girl then it is for life...Should I understand that I have no chance and I have to back off?

Most Helpful Guy

• like what previous guy said...

He prob likes you and wants you to know ...

move is on you...you want him or you want a fling?

What Guys Said 3

• I think he wants you to know...but you need to make sure he intended for you to hear that

• He wanted you to hear so you know that he's in it for the long haul. Now that he knows you know & if you do go to him he will know your as serious as he is.

• I say go for it yourself. He wants you to know so why not? Guys are always expected to make the first move...this guy seems to be doing everything but make a move. You give it a shot and I'm sure things will work out just how you want them to!

What Girls Said 1

• Well... why would he say that? Like so you could hear him? He said it as to hint you to back off or to not back off? FOR YOU TO HEAR that he wants something serious.