Never had a girlfriend, turning 25 years old, parents, friends, and family are starting to worry about me asking why I don't have a girlfriend or if I'm gay, help?

Like the title states ever since I turned 20 everybody has been on my back asking me when I'm getting a girlfriend or why a guy like me doesn't have a girlfriend, now that I am turning 25, it has gotten to the point where everybody is starting to think I'm gay when I am not, I have tried to get a girlfriend and I have even looked for signals, laughing, smiling, flirting but girls just don't wants relationship with me, the most frustrating thing about this whole ordeal is that when people in general ask me and I tell them that I have never had a girlfriend they give me a shocked look or say are you for real and girls tell me wow how can a guy like me never have a girlfriend, etc you get the point I just don't know what to do, to be honest it used to bother me but not anymore, Finding a significant other or a first girlfriend isn't important to me anymore and in my opinion if it's meant to be then it will happen, if not so be it, but I'm getting bothered at everybody and I just don't know how to respond to all this crap, what do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's not in your todo list why should they be able to pressure you? Be honest.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know try online dating

What Guys Said 3

• I'm not sure I really believe you completely. You say it doesn't matter to you and it's just because your friends and family are annoying you about it, but what you say doesn't strike me as all that convincing. That said, if it's really just that they're bothering you, the obvious thing is to just ignore them. There are a lot of things that people told me to do when I was younger -- things that supposedly would lead to my happiness. And you know, they were right about a lot of those things, but not all of them. The advice that turned out to be most correct were things about going to college and concentrating on my career. The ones they were most incorrect about were relationship-related advice. So I say, just ignore them and you'll undoubtedly be better off.

That said, on the off chance that there's a part of your problem that actually revolves around your inability to get a girlfriend even though you really want one, I would say try online dating. Go to OKCupid or Plenty of Fish and create an account. Hit on some women (even ugly women), go out on some dates and when you do, try hard to act like she's the most amazing, most interesting, most wonderful girl you've ever met. Like even if she's hideous and annoying. This will give you some great practice and experience. One big mistake that inexperienced men make is they are rude or dismissive towards women that they don't find attractive. No one needs to practice being an asshole so if you want to be successful with women on a whole, you're best off if you weed out those impulsive reactions.

• Tell them that you are considering joining a monastery.

• so have you been single your whole life?