Do good looks really matter for a girl?

I'm asking this because I'm always hearing girls going for guys that are cute or hot. Can a guy still have a chance if he isn't any of that? Like can he have a good personality and humor, but not look good, and still get a girl? I know obviously if a guy has both good looks and personality they have a better chance, but even if a guy is ugly, and is told he is funny can he still stand out from other good looking guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am 21 years old. Little past my shoulders black hair, I have big tits, and a medium size waist. I wear skinny jeans, spaghetti straps OR tank tops, blue jean shorts, ankle boots, hoodies, t-shirts, u name it. I dated a few boys in my life, all non-attractive, broke, but a GREAT PERSONALITY. I had boys, attractive boys with money want to date me, but I turned them down, (yes there are still girls like that.) Why cause they were jerks. My now boyfriend, when we first met he was sleeping out of hotel rooms, homeless you should say, with his brother...23 years old. I still dated him. He ended up sleeping in his car... I still dated him. I EVEN SLEPT IN HIS CAR WITH HIM AND UNDER A BRIDGE WITH HIM. We still together, and have a beautiful baby boy in a nice apartment, both of us working. I DONT CARE ABOUT LOOKS, MONEY, ETC. I rather spend my life with a non attractive boy and get respect, then a pretty boy and get NO Respect.

What Girls Said 13

• It's not that an ugly has no chance, it's that he has less of a chance. I don't want to sound like a douche here, but I go for the hot guy first before the ugly guy. It also depends on how good/bad looking the guy is. Yes, a funny, ugly guy can still stand out, but I'd be tempted to friendzone if he is not immediately appealing.

• Ok yes physical does matter to everyone as a initial attraction. But in a "animalistic" POV. Males will try to reproduce and leave their seed everywhere. But Females will only look for an appropriate male that will take care of her and her kids.
    So. Yes girls do care for physical attraction but that doesn't decide whether or not we will be in a relationship with him. It counts also counts if they connect on a emotional/intellectual level as well. So the guy could be average looking or bellow but as long as he knows how to present himself in a way girls see it as he has something going on for him. Of course it also Important how the guy takes care of himself as well

• We are all attractive to someone and average/unattractive to somebody else, we can not and will not be everyone's cup of tea and that's okay. Stop focusing on the people who don't see you in that way and have faith there is people out there that will think you're amazing, inside and out!

• 13d

Nice words!! I strongly agree with every single word you said

• Yes personality is what matters and can make someone so much more attractive. Also a guy you think is ugly could be attractive to someone else

• It is totally possible... I wasn't physically attracted to my current boyfriend and friend zoned him. But later on I developed some serious feelings for him and found out that he still liked me despite the fact that he started liking me as soon as he met me which was about 9 months prior. Getting to know him has made him more physically attractive in my eyes as well. It is definitely possible for a guy that doesn't have that great of looks to win a girl over with his personality and his sense of humor. And if a girl friend zones you, just stick it out but don't be overly persistent (I. e. Don't ask her everyday if she changed her mind and wants to go out with you now).

• It will be muuuuch harder if you're ugly but yes girls can still fall for you.

• personally i wouldn't date a guy i wasn't attracted to, but its possible for sure

• no, a person is beautiful no matter what they look like, i've just learned that myself

• I'm an 18 year old woman. Naturally, I'm more interested in attractive people, but for me (and most women), substance is more important. It's definitely harder for less attractive (and ugly) people to find a mate, but if you are kick ass, you will get a good girl who'll stick. I've been attracted to the uglier guy because he was more intelligent and inquisitive. I think that is really sexy. I've even fantasized about guys I originally thought were ugly because their personality was so arousing.

• I admit some girls are definitely make looks way too important. But honestly other girls can see right past that. I believe that once a girl falls in love with your personality, everything about you seems perfect to her

• Someone just asked a question about how his girlfriend likes his personality more than his looks... is that really what you want?

I personally can't get past looks. If I don't find him attractive at all then he's just a friend in my book

• YES, I've been in love with this awesome guy. And a lot of my friends tell me to ditch him because he isn't attractive enough for them
    But every time I see him I die, bc for me he is the perfect man

• No way you'll be ugly to everybody. So many times my friends found guys hot and I'm like ewww no way you have bad taste, and vice versa.
    And yes, an average Joe with fantastic personality will always be worth more than an asshole with a good face.

What Guys Said 7

• Girls generally have a type that they can picture themselves with. If you fit that type it can be an immediate bonus for you if you don't mess it up. Because from the get go you have her attention/interest and if you do well that is an advantage. However..

If you don't fit that type it doesn't matter that much. If she's choosing between you and a guy that's more her type. If he's just as cool/fun as you, then she'll probably choose him. Because with all else equal better looks could win. But if you're more fun, playful, cool. Just making her feel amazing when you're around, then those looks pretty much go out the window.

• If u are ugly AF, but if u have good sense of humour, a great confidence and if u keep conversations well then ofcourse u can get chicks. Some girls say they want a handsome/hot guy but reality isn't this.

Handsome guy might have chance to get girl in few days, its much easy for him compared to ugly one. Ugly guy can also get chicks but he will have to give more effort compared to handsome one ( like making her laugh, admire her etc )

• Girls go for guys for that but they also go for money, popularity, fame, etc. If you don't have the looks then excell in something else.

BUT you should probably know that you can easily control your looks just like women do.

• I'm handsome and funny but I was ugly when I was teen

• Good looks really help BEFORE you get to know someone. After that its all mental chemistry and character/interest matching.

• Just because you're not a model or above average doesn't mean a girl won't find you to be attractive in her eyes.

• 14d

And think about it i know you see average joes or even below/average guys with attractive girls. Girls are visual but not as much as guys bro.

• Yes they do...