Why don't I give guys a chance?

I noticed with myself that I tend to find flaws in every guy I meet or who wants to date me/ talk to me and I don't know why , either I would say he's not my type , he's boring , too short , too skinny etc etc & my friends say I'm too picky & I will remain single because of it ☹️ I honestly don't no y I do that & i get so lonely sometimes cuz of not having someone but At the same time I don't wanna be with someone I'm not attracted to or compatible with u no. So why don't I give guys a chance? Is it a defense mechanism or something?

What Guys Said 4

• Everyone sees the flaws in other people and in dating they tend to search even harder because they want to make sure they find "the one". It is a defense mechanism that is used to weed out those that your mind does not deem worthy. What tends to happen as you start to get to know someone is their flaws will become less noticeable as they are covered up by love/lust. There is nothing wrong with being picky but if you are truly worried about it then you need to figure out which preferences matter the most to you and focus on finding a hubby that matches them while possibly not matching the ones lower on the list. Good luck! :)

• Why lower your standards? If you're that picky you are probably hot and will have plenty of options in the near future.

• You have to answer that question for yourself i don't know how your mind thinks.

• Because you're immature and you're patently stupid. Case closed.

What Girls Said 2

• It could be a defense mechanism and also if you try looking for a serious relationship it's never going to work.

• Omg omg that's exactly what I go through 😭