Can a guy like or have a crush on an average looking girl?

Yes looks aren't everything but they mean a lot and have to be there right?

What Guys Said 19

• absolutely guys can crush on normal looking girls. It happens all the time. Guys when they were young want to fuck anything so it's easy to crush on almost any girl. Guys when they're older are much more concerned about personality over looks. all the women I think about when masturbating are not considered beautiful but there are things about them that have turned me on.

• Well to some people someone might look "Average" but to others that person might look attractive as hell. Everyone has different tastes.

• Of course we can. For me, yes looks have to be there but that's not to say they have to be a model or perfect, far from it. I have to be attracted to them, I don't care about the rest of the world, meaning people can think you're ugly or unattractive I don't care, if I'm attracted to you that's all that matters. And personality definitely can have an impact on physical attraction. I've only been with "average" looking girls.

• Depends, what is an average looking girl? What do they look like? How many standard deviations are they from being "hot" or ugly? What are those two things? Be the first to create a curve for what average is so I can finally understand what in the world an average girl looks like.

craigalan.files.wordpress.com/.../bell-curve.jpg

• I don't really know what you mean by average looking. Looks help I guess but its more so about personality. I mean when you guys get older looks fade but your personality doesn't. So if you just date someone purely off their looks its pointless to even date that person. Yes a guy can have a crush on a girl which is common. I mean even I have crushes on girls but I don't typically say anything since I don't want to make things awkward between us 😃

• No. it's impossible. By law, we can only have crushes on girls who are at least a 9

• 11d

Love the honesty!

• Are you talking about what SHOULD be average (weighs what one ought to weigh) or what is ACTUALLY average these days (medically overweight/borderline obese)?

• You mean straight/bi guys #heteronormative... Duh, I swear most people are average looking so I wouldn't be surprised one bit if a guy has a crush on an average looking girl. If they didn't like average looking girls then it would eliminate most girls from having partners and reproducing. If that was always the case then average looking girls wouldn't be existing by now. Most of my guy friends have liked girls who were barely a six.

• Absolutely they can. Of course, "average" is subjective, and may only be true in the eyes of one of the people involved.

• Looks on matter on first impression. Other than that they DONT matter AT ALL.

• They certainly can. I know I have.

• Been there, done that, would do again.

• the majority is average,
    as an average looking guy, I say not everything is looks. the inside is more important

• Well duh of course.

• Speaking for myself... absolutely

• They don't have to be hot. If you are average, you are NOT ugly.

• For some reason I get the biggest crushes on girls that are average or on the middle on looks

• Yes. It is possible to just think a girl is okay looking, but after getting to know her and liking her personality, become more physically attracted to her.

• What does a average girl look like

• 11d

Not pretty haha. Like grooms herself but not ugly either haha.

• 11d

I mean I think every girl is hot that's why I ask

• 11d

Post a picture of what a average girl would look like

What Girls Said 10

• Absolutely. Have you ever looked at random couples in public? Not every girl is an airbrushed, photoshopped, Hollywood-created supermodel actress. Most of your average population is average, that's where the term "average" comes from. But there are plenty of average-looking couples out there who genuinely love each other, and that love most likely started out as love because the guy and girl found each other attractive. You don't have to be drop-dead gorgeous for the right guy to think you're beautiful.

• 10d

great response , i can tell you have confidence in how you carry yourself

• 10d

@k_slay
      Thank you. I believe self -confidence is the most important trait for a person to have. It doesn't matter how talented, beautiful, brilliant, athletic, or tactical you are if you don't have the confidence to be it. People live their lives wishing they could be more than they are, but they'd be so much happier if they played up their strengths a little bit rather than constantly put down their weaknesses. If you have average looks, that's only going to land you average, but if you want more than average, you're going to have to bump up that amazing personality you don't have the courage to show because you're afraid people are always judging you. Well guess what--they are. People are always going to judge you, but I'd rather people be jealous of the things they judge me for than pity me for things I could easily change.

• Yeah I consider myself average looking honestly. Not really think im all that pretty compared to a lot of the women I run across. And im being honest here and I had some of the cutest guys approach me and have had crushes on me. That being pretty nonsense is for the bird. These days its the connection snd the vibe you give off.

• 11d

Your pretty though 😊

• 10d

i like this , for some reason i dont like compliments on looks as most men , its not that i have insecure issues , i just rather be shown love rather than to be told it

• Yes because that means he'd still find her beautiful for who she is as a person, not how big her lips are or how wide her hips are. 👌

• Most people are average looking, and if guys wouldn't reproduce with average looking girls, the world's population would drastically decrease.

• Yes.

And even as an aside, different people have different perceptions of beautiful. What one person sees as average, another person may see as gorgeous.

• Ofc u can you even can have crush on an ugly guy

• Ok a question : you have never seen an average girl walking with a handsome or average dude?

• they will as long as she has boobs and pussy

• Why not? To him, the girl obviously isn't average.

• Of course! I would say that I'm average and someone has a crush on me. Besides, the majority of girls on the planet are not above average and they are in relationships. It is definitely possible.