What's going on in his head?

I started dating this guy about a month ago. We've had some good times together, but he's broken a couple dates because he's chosen to go out drinking instead, and I gave him another chance each time because I really like him when he's sober.
Recently he pointed out that I've been a bit closed off and haven't shared parts of myself. So when I received some bad news and was feeling a bit down, I thought it would be safe to reach out to him and share my feelings. When he was sober he was very encouraging, but two nights ago when he was apparently drinking very heavily, he did a complete 180! Accusing me of being weak and with mental issues! And then he called me and yelled at me in the middle of the night, raging that he ruled over me and I didn't know him. When I got fed up with this I told him good night and he yelled f--- you! Since then he hasn't contacted me at all, I wonder what's going through his head? Should I contact him or wait for him? I like him, but I don't deserve to be treated like that and I intend to break up with him anyway, but he owes me an apology. Will I ever receive one or should I just give up and leave it be?

What Guys Said 3

• You got a split path it sounds. It sounds like he's got the drinking social addiction. It really sounds like he lacks the cognitive ability to see what is wrong with his actions. Rather just doing what feels good and looks good than what really is good for him. AKA doing what college students do who go to college for the social party life style.

• Probably should leave this guy, he seems abusive so you might want to end it.

• Damn, well its a sad truth that alcohol can ruin an otherwise good person.
    What will an apology do for you? You have one or not you're right where you are now. Do you deserve one... Yea sure

What Girls Said 1

• He is not that into you.