Would you date a model?

Guys would you date a model? Would you be judgmental of the modelling profession and assume that she dates a lot? I have been talking to this guy, we have many things in common, our conversations are fun, but not flirtatious. Very platonic indeed. He hasn't made a move yet.. could it be because of that?

19d I 'm educated as well, I'm currently a grad student, I haven't told him that I model after about 2 weeks talking to him, I didn't want him to judge me because of that. I complimented him couple of times and gave him my number... I think that it's pretty obvious that I want to get to know him better. We text and snap back and forth until 3 am sometimes, I wouldn't do that if I wasn't interested. He is very different which I like but it confuses me on his intentions... also he works in retail but

What Guys Said 26

• No, I personally would not date a model. Why you ask? It's smile for me, in this line of job, you've to constantly put your body out for display for others.

It's the nature of the business, if you want to he successful, you've to break the limits, which normally means go all the way out (naked).

Which of course starts a whole new circle of problem with either people think that she's a slut or she would be willing to do anything for the money, which results in either people disgracing you or loving you for not who you are but for what you can give them.

It's a vicious circle.
    I as a normal person would not want such hassle, I would be better off without it, but if you don't have any problem with it, more power to you.

• I would probably assume she's into the club scene and seeps around. Also I am not a fan of knowing that all those photographers got to pay money to take HD pictures of her in various states of nudity while she makes sexually suggestive poses. I would also potentially feel jealous that she looks sexier when posing for the photographers.

Despite that, I would still consider dating one but, litterally the only thing that is appealing to me about dating a model is that even without the photoshop, styled hair, and professionally done makeup they are still better looking than the average girl. Like if an average looking girl posed for those same pictures and lived that same lifestyle I wouldn't even consider dating her. The only thing that makes it tempting to date a model is if she is ridiculously attractive.

• 19d

I 'm educated as well, I'm currently a grad student, I haven't told him that I model after about 2 weeks talking to him, I didn't want him to judge me because of that. I complimented him couple of times and gave him my number... I think that it's pretty obvious that I want to get to know him better. We text and snap back and forth until 3 am sometimes, I wouldn't do that if I wasn't interested. He is very different which I like but it confuses me on his intentions... also he works in retail but I don't really care about that, I just want to get to know him.

• 19d

He doesn't care about me or just the modelling part?

• 19d

The modeling part.

• He will no doubt assume that you have gentleman companion with big $$ that he couldn't possibly compete with, and that screwing them is part of your work... so be careful and explain to him that you're not the international playgirl type of model!!!

• It could be that he assume you have guys all over you or your already with someone. That's the curse of attractive people no one makes a move on them because they assume your already taken.

And if a mode was actually interested in me and I was interested in her then yeah I'd date her and give things a shot.

• I wouldn't go near a model and not because she dates a lot but because she if fill of herself and it's such a short lived career that destroys a persons' personality.

It's possible the guy doesn't want to live up to your expectations as models are going to have a lot.

• 19d

That's not always true.. it is very discriminatory. Not all models are shallow...

• 19d

@gravetruth Dude did you get yr heart broken by some model? Dem generalizations tho

• 19d

@redeyemindtricks I don't have a great deal of respect for models.

• I would date anyone, as long as she s loyal. Profession is not a barrier for me. Model, sales woman, executive. Dont care as long as we r getting along fine. Of course i would feel a bit worried and be more careful if the girl was very attractive and/or overly friendly/social and i think of everybody here.

• If we clicked yes, but as a shy guy I would probably be too scared to show too much interest because I would assume she did not like me.

• Hell yeah

• I would date our but nt marry her.

• No I am more of a private person and that would be very stressful. So for selfish reasons no.

• Odds of a model falling for me are 1/100000000000000. I don't see anything wrong with dating one but i'd assume their standards are much higher than I can ever be.

• 19d

Would you still assume that if you guys text back and forth until 2 or 3 am?

• 19d

If that's the case, I would likely be suspicious of attraction. I like to play it safe though, so I wouldn't act on it until I was at least 90% certain something could happen between us. But I know i'm much more cautious than most men.

• I would and I have.

• no i won't

• ehm, sure why not? And why would I think that she dates a lot just because she's a model?

• I don't think a model would date me to be honest.

• 19d

Why not? Models aren't any different from other girls...

• 19d

Let's say my life, isn't where it should be at 25 years old, and i feel i haven't created the type of lifestyle that women would find attractive. To be honest i am currently in a dire situation, where i wouldn't be able to date a single lady for an extended period of time, to make her fall in love with me.

• I Would... the problem is.. that i doubt she would date Me.

• lol sure I would

• Yes I would... that would be great!!

• I'm a model but I wouldn't date a model because I'm asexual/aromantic.

• I assume it would be difficult. She'd probably travel a lot.

• I would date a model a no problem

• i would and no i won`t judge and by the way i don`t get jealous easy

• No, I wouldn't

• Some dudes are friends with models so when they go out to the bar or club other girls will be interested in them. You know how women compete with each other. Check and mate.

• If i wanted to lie i would say no just because you speaking with that guy and not me :/ lol JK, that surely isn't a deal-breaker for me. I'd love to!

• probably not. only if she had an education and advanced skill set/earning potential. Otherwise, I wouldn't stick around her for long.

• 19d

I can pick up a pretty girl without an education pretty easily at the supermarket or theatre if I wanted. But, they'd be making minimum wage. Who wants to date a girl without an education?

• 19d

you are clearly smarter than me. but, you still got a loan, especially if you are going to a top uni.

• 19d

I have a scholarship lol so no loan so far. Thanks for your opinion!

What Girls Said 8

• I was an editorial model for a few years, about twenty years ago. I worked for an international agency, and I lived in 5 different countries over a span of about 4-5 years.
    As a rule, the women who did THAT SPECIFIC kind of modeling *did* date (and fuck) a greater than average variety of men... but, these were specifically women who were perfectly fine moving halfway around the *world* on a couple weeks' notice, to countries where they didn't know the culture or the language.
    In other words, international editorial agencies attract BIG RISK-TAKERS. And so, unsurprisingly, that personality trait tended to spill over into personal lives, too.

The kind of modeling I did, also, was the kind that's pretty much *over* by mid-20's at the latest. So, there was this very real sense of "carpe diem", because the girls all knew they would have **totally different lives** in a few years—in terms of careers, location, travel, EVERYTHING.
    That tended to add to the whole "living for the moment" vibe, too. Basically, it was like a big international "party phase"—with "real life" following up afterward. And true to form, a LOT of my girlfriends from the agency partied and fucked around a lot while they were still modeling... and then slipped effortlessly (and happily!) into more committed, more stable relationships once they entered whatever their follow-up career happened to be.

__

On the other hand, you mentioned that you're in grad school right now, while also modeling, and that yr tearsheets are just headshots and other such things.
    In other words, YOUR agency is probably full of TOTALLY NORMAL PEOPLE, who are just like other totally normal people.

In fact, if you're talking about print/catalog work, I'd be willing to bet that yr agency is populated mostly with women who live pretty healthy, low-risk lifestyles, so that they can maximize their looks and their careers. Right?

In any case... Just TALK to this boy about this sort of thing.
    Boys (and *most* girls) have honestly NO IDEA what goes on in the world of modeling. He might think you're in commercial work, like a VS angel. He might think there's a relentless "casting couch", especially if he's watched one too many pornos. Who knows.
    If I were you, I'd just ask him point-blank—What does HE think yr modeling life is like?
    I bet the answers will be VERY entertaining... hilarious, even. He probably has no clue how mundane and un-exciting most of yr assignments are.

Good luck <3

• Yes.

• Be ready to have a lot of assumptions made about you (she's a slut, she's narcissistic, she's a snob, she wouldn't go for a guy like me). A lot of people mistake modelling with being a lifestyle/personality than an actual job. Since you're already talking to him it shouldn't be difficult to break that stereotype. Him not being flirtatious could mean anything.

• 19d

I know and it's very sad... that's why I didn't tell him at first and now I'm not sure what to do

• 19d

Modelling is really not a big deal. If he likes your personality he's not going to just suddenly drop you due to your job. You're overthinking it lol

• nope i wouldn't

• He probably thinks you have a bunch of dudes already talking to you and that he has no chance.

• 19d

I really hope not because that's very far from the truth... how can I bring that up when we don't even talk or flirt like that

• Yes.

• Nope

• 19d

why?

• 19d

In your case is different because you are a girl and I know most guys will date you but in my case, the males models that I know are either gay or they date other models. Also I never date a guy prettier than I am.

• If you're interested in him, make a move instead. Why wait for him to do the move?

• 19d

I did, I complimented him and gave him some hints but he doesn't seem to catch on?

• 19d

I'm sorry, giving some hints doesn't equal making a move. You're way too passive.

You like him obviously so ask him out on a date, buy him a coffee or take a walk in the park. See if you hit it off. Then the ball is in his court. If he doesn't reciprocate walk away. Simple as that.

He might think he doesn't stand a chance with a girl like you so he will probably never make the first move.