Help? I am 24 and insanely depressed?

I ruined my life and i might end up alone. I grew up with a mother who has mental issues (anxiety disorder), she wasn't really social and isolated us from others a bit too much, she would allow us to make some friends, but it never got close to anything real. As a result me and my siblings grew up dysfunctional, i suffered from depression and anxiety and my older sister well... she will be hospilitazed soon at age 30 with no future perspective, my younger sister got out at 18, i didn't realize untill i was about 22 that the way i was raised wasn't normal (i was really naive and a sweet person by nature). I sacrificed my life and now im 24 im left with nothing. I m very empathic but im also easy to manipulate and very naive, almost too gentle for life. I can't get angry at people no matter how much they have hurt me but im sick and tired and i forgot my own life... how can i get over this? will i ever live a normal life?

Most Helpful Girl

• 24? You're still a baby. Don't talk like your life is over when it's barely even begun.

I can't give much advice since you haven't given us much information to work on. But I know that whatever weaknesses you have when you are young become your strengths when you get older. Life has given you a challenge and now you gotta fight it. Don't think about the fact that's your challenge is different to everyone else's, this one has been personalised for you. Just start breaking it down brick by brick, come up with whatever baby steps you can to move forward. It's in your DNA to be a survivor, so have some confidence.

What Guys Said 4

• You've allowed the problems of others to affect who you are, and obviously you're a nice person and that's what happens when people care about those around them, but you've got to start paying attention to yourself. Do you have any passions, any interests? Did you ever have any dreams of who you'd like to be? It's never too late to start working towards them.

• Holy shit I felt like you're talking about me! Would you like to chat? I think we would understand eachother very well..

• You need help

• your "abnormality" in my opinion is better than these "normal" cynical fuckups out there. well a therapist and making a plan to make your life better would help. set some goals. fitness, hobby and work stuff. not more than you can take. have discretion. you'll do great. i unfortunately think i've seen this question months or years before in gag, so i'm afraid you've let your self go for far too long. you should take action NOW. good luck.

What Girls Said 0