What's your definition of casual dating?

Like is it dating mutiple people at the same time, or even fucking them... or do you just take it 1 person at a time?

Most Helpful Guy

• To me it's just dating without any strings attached. It's just for companionship - somebody to do things with. It's a way of socializing. It may be one person with no strings, or it may be many people. It may be with or without sex. But regardless, it's about socializing, meeting people, doing things with others, etc. It may lead to a relationship in the future, but that's not really the intent.

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean... if I'm in in a casual dating period... I go on a date with more than 1 person in the same week. I'm not looking to kiss them... just meet people and see what happens from there. The week I went out with my now boyfriend I went on a date just the night before with another guy and he knew about it.

Now... alternatively... you can be 'casually' dating someone... which is what my boyfriend and I started off with. That means we were mutually interested in each other and getting to know one another but both of us felt we needed more information before making any formal commitments to one another. We just kept it cool and enjoyed the experience but there were definitely things developing... hence going on to become serious and committed.

I guess some of us prefer knowing that when the decision for commitment was made... it was an educated choice... not a blind one. Because we were definitely interested in one another though... we were definitely mutually exclusive by choice.

I don't see why it's a bad thing to not get attached to someone just for the sake of getting attached. Choosing this way is a great reminder, I think, for when it gets later down the road and things get tough... you can look back and remember you chose them for good reason. It also keeps you from getting involved with emotionally unstable people ha.

I had a guy stop seeing me once in 2014-2015 after he asked me to be his girlfriend 4 dates in and I told him I'd prefer to continue getting to know him more... so I know probably not everyone is the same way with these things.

• 13d

So you wait until you're exclusive to have sex? Loved your detailed answer, no one ever takes the time on here to write stuff out.

• 13d

(But I'm also 99% sure that's not the case so that's more of a hypothetical... but I can say for certain that if it DID happen... I wouldn't be bothered.)

• 13d

This, perfect answer.

What Guys Said 14

• I would have to agree and say you are on the right course with the answer to this one. In general I would state casual dating as basically dating multiple people, even having sex with them, and not really getting emotionally attached or emotionally involved in their lives; there is a gap between the two people in such relationships that isn't there between two people are both intimate and emotionally connected. I'm not saying in casual dating there is no emotions involved and you might actually care for the person, but if that same person suddenly decided they didn't want to see you anymore you're not going to be crushed by the revelation. That's my opinion.

• If you are sexually active with more than one person, that is not casual dating; that is casual fucking. Casual dating could be just one partner but with a clear understanding that you are not looking for a serious relationship.

I date one girl at a time; it is quite sufficient for my purposes.

• There's no fixed definition, but most people these days use 'causal dating' as a polite term for sleeping with everyone that spends a certain amount of money on you!!!

There are people who mean, dating just to get to know someone, without any intention of carrying the relationship to sleeping together. Usually the younger people use this definition of 'casual dating.

• To me "casual dating" is having an open relationships. You hook up and date... but also are free to see other people at the same time.

An exclusive casual dating situation is more of a friends with benefits... hooking up with the same person.. but it's not a BF/GF relationship.

• Casual dating is dating someone, while each person is able to date other people too. Having sex with multiple people is also a possibility.

I'm taken now but when I was single, I was all about playing the field, dating as many women as I can, to maximize my odds of finding a match. :)

• I would call it just being social with the opposite gender. If sex occurs, then it's just casual sex.

• When I hear that term, I assume that person doesn't want a relationship. Not even really "dating" just wants someone to do stuff with (dinners, movies etc). A friend basically.

• Generally it means you are seeing one person then looking for another. Trying a few out.
    If you are fucking them just depends on if you are a skanky hoe or not but it's the same thing. Casually dating.

I don't really casually date myself.

• It's not for me and I don't do it and am not with people who do it.

• Dating 'casually'

• Just dating without any title or exclusivity

• No such thing as far as i'm concerned.

• dating multiple people whether sex is involved or not.

• I thought it meant you want to date, but are not serious about it... You might date here and there but not really looking for a relationship... It doesn't mean that you are having casual sex though...

What Girls Said 8

• To me it just means you're seeing each other but not exclusive and not particularly serious (yet or at all).

• I see this term used on POF on their site when you sign up. My definition of casual dating is pretty much having sex with someone but without a commitment or usually a "pay to play" type of relationship.

• Casual dating to me is just going out from time to time. Intimacy is something serious to me.

• Casual dating for me it's when you're attracted to someone and you just wanna hang out, nothing too serious.
    And that means it's acceptable to be with more people at the same time, because no one is commited and there's no promises, so no room for jealousy.
    Usually guys prefer the casual dating thing because it's more convinient for them, so they can take a shot at many girls at once.

• I use to talk to one guy at a time, but they ended up being assholes, so I decided to go on dates and talk to multiple guys. And no when I date I DO NOT have sex with guys

• Just dating for the sake of it, nothing long term

• One person at a time.

• Hou could be dating one person and it could be casual as long as you aren't exclusive or cutting off guys or not meeting new people because your casually dating him.
    It's most often heard of as dating more than one guy. And if you guys are having sex, it's still casual