Why do guys avoid commitment and just want FWB?

I know it's because they don't want to be tied down, but what are the reasons specifically only wanting to be friends with benefits and why they avoid comittment?

What Guys Said 17

• why do chicks "not have time"... the day is made of time. i can hear baby kittens dying when girls say that. everything girls have to deal with in guys, guys have to deal with in girls. and there are more girls than guys.

u set the standards, why would they want to change them after u already let them have what they want. u are kind of being stupid at that point. u have to be clear from the get go u only want a relationship and won't play around with anything else and want them to leave if they are going to try.

im a guy and obviously people i would keep around me are at least fractions of my personality. but they either want to just have fun for the night, or they want a relationship. there is not really a middle. and while i won't say there are not people who just want fun, i think there are more guys who want relationships and girls who just want fun myself. NOW HERE IS THE HUMOROUS part... statistically, u have more sex in a relationship than not. so these people who want fun are being stupid about it lol... goes to show.

• are you asking why men don't want to be 'tied down'? Well, after years of wishing we could bang every girl we see, it's hard to stop wishing just because one girl decides to let us. In fact, because one girl lets us, many guys assume that could mean we're "on a roll," and other girls might let us too.

I wouldn't worry, though. As long as you keep him satisfied, he won't stray. And as long as he is used to "not straying," he'll eventually realize he should probably do something to ensure that you don't stray either. That's generally the way it works..

• Why do girls need commitment?

Personally, I don't want or need someone to feel backed into a corner by their words or a marriage certificate to HAVE to come home to me. I'd rather she be happy to do so and therefore choose to do it.

Ever notice how sex dies/becomes reward for men's good behavior and women gain weight/chop off all their hair after marriage? Women want commitment so that all the reasons you attracted a man can stop, because weighing the correct amount and engaging in an activity that is pleasurable for BOTH parties is too much effort for them.

Guys not wanting commitment just makes sense, given the vast majority of the results of giving it to you.

• They get a lof the fun aspects of a relationship without any of the commitment, expectations, or sacrifices that typically come with it.

• 17d

what expectations and sacrifices 'typically' ? thought relationships are unique are tailored to the couple. what is general about a specific relationship? if something does not suit both it does not happen. so how can their be things in place that don't reflect each person.

• More benefits, less risks.

• If you only get into contact with guys who don't want commitment - then you should ask yourself why. There are plenty of guys out there who do want commitment - but are just cautious to give it right away.

• They have physical needs that are much more pressing than their emotional needs. They want freedom to do their own thing and then get their dick taken care of.

• Why do you stereotype all guys? Men are all different. Some want commitment, others don't. Some want friends with benefits, other don't. For example, I avoid commitment and I don't want friends with benefits because I'm asexual/aromantic. There are all kinds of guys out there.

• Beats me. I can't get girls to commit either. They will text me back and forth a thousand times, but that's about as far as it gets.

• I like commitment.

• Commitment is a serious thing, not to be taken lightly.
    I don't think people should friends with benefits and just be in relationship, but if you can't handle the ups and downs, then be alone!!!

• u mean hot guys...

• she's not the one for us, as simple as that

• i think for guys as myself as they may just not ready for a long term relationship and comittment as they may just want to wait awhile before getting into such comittment

• Again with the "all guys"... No, we do not. I never even wanted a friends with benefits.

• Commitment requires to much
    friends with benefits is good until
    One of the partner start catching feelings

• Cause commitment requires to much, most young girls are crazy, don't know what they want. A lot of boys these days are seeing how men in their life like their fathers or uncles are getting screwed over. Plus girls want to settle down right out of high school w out living their life.

What Girls Said 4

• Mostly, bc they have been hurt by 1 chick who they really loved so now they just want to have fun without any commitments so they won't be hurt again. A way of protection which is selfish but they will not admit that is why. Its alike a wall that they put up to never feel the pain that love can bring. Other reasons... dont really like women and think thats all they are good for, not financilly stable too is a big and if they are really young like in there 20s, they just want to play and get it all out there systems while getting there life together then will settle when they are ready emotionally and financially

• Why be tied down to 1 chick when they can mess around with 20? <- Their logic.

Not all, but yeah, a lot.

• If you aren't that hot then you have to have something other than physical beauty to attract a guy such as education, intelligence, character, kindness or depth.

• 17d

I have all 5 of them, I'm what you would consider to be heavy, but I have a pretty face :/

• A decent guy who respects the girl won't do that. If they're only seeing you as sex, you have to find out why that is.