How to move on from a guy who you didn't even date but led you on?

I can't be the only one who this has happened to. It's a long story but I'm just really hurt so do any of you guys have advice?

What Guys Said 3

• A lot would depend on the details of the story in terms of how it played out from both sides. The cure to a poison depends on the nature of the poison.

I'd be happy to listen if you want to share.

• 17d

Can I send you a message then?

• 17d

It should work now, I had a setting on that said only people I follow could message me. I've turned that off now.

• 17d

ok it worked!

• This might sound simplistic, but date other guys. It's the easiest way to move on, once you get that attention from someone else you will forget the previous guy.

• 17d

I've tried that before. I just keep thinking about how much I miss him and how much i will it was him I was dating.

• Date other guys
    To get your mind off him
    Or hang out with friends

• 17d

Being with my friends helps temporarily. As for dating others it just reminds me of how much i miss him.

• 17d

Accept the fact that it’s not going to happen. Force yourself to say it out loud, if necessary. Maybe this is precipitated by them moving on and being happy with someone who is decidedly not you, or maybe it’s just from a quiet, repeated demonstration of their romantic disinterest. But the point is that you are never going to be with them – not in the way you want to, not in the way you’ve dreamed about and made elaborate plans for whenever you found yourself unable to sleep at 3 AM. Make yourself understand that sometimes things don’t have a happy ending, and that this is one of those times.

What Girls Said 3

• I went through something a little similar but all I can say is.. It will hurt for a really long time. There will be days when the pain will be so bad that you cry yourself to sleep, days where you just ask yourself why? how? and days where you will be extremely angry at yourself and at him. Just know that feeling regret, anger, sadness, grieving is all normal.. Eventually you will learn that you deserved better, and that you're meant to be with a person who will choose YOU and only you every single day.

• 17d

It didn't even have a bad ending. It left with him telling me to call if if I ever need anyone to talk to. He hasn't talked to me since though. I don't get it but it hurts and its been three months. How long did it hurt for you?

• 17d

I'm still hurting lol. It's been on and off though for 6 months or so.

• 17d

I saw your comment, I can listen if you would like!

• Yeah you are not alone. I'm going through the same. He toldme that he loved me but its been two months since he last talked with me. He is always online but never finds time to send even a single message. I can feel your pain. Let's just try to forget themthem even though it is difficult... :(

• God, this reminds me of this f****** dick that led me on a couple years ago. He totally led me on, flirted with me and went on study dates with me, I was head over heels honestly. Then one evening I texted him to come join my friends and I at a get together, and out of no where he told me "I can't... sorry I'm.. kind of dating a girl and I'm going to be spending the evening with her instead." What a douche :/ Still makes me angry to this day. What I did to forget him was not delete, but full on block him from all social media, even if I didn't have him added on a few. Got rid of his number, and erased our text history. It hurt super badly but there is literally no other way. You have to remove him from your mind. If it helps, I thought about him a month ago for a brief moment and I couldn't remember his last name for the life of me. So, things do get better :)

• 17d

In my case it's more like he led me on and then stopped talking to me rather then found another girl.

• 16d

What is the idea?

• 16d

To call him off a random number like your aunt's or something and say you're visiting there. It's just almost a guarantee he'll pick up and then you can ask you were wondering how he's doing and if you upset him. With your own #, there's a chance that he won't even give it a chance.