Why do I feel so hurt?

I feel like i am beaten down by life. I'm 24 and i feel like by the time i was 16 i was beaten to 'death'' by life. I grew up with a abusive mother (and i do forgive her) but she made home feel like it was not a ''safe'' place to come and lie your head down. I went through illness, an older sister who was so out of control and bullies us everyday and my mom always chose her, she never kicked her out. As a result i went through a depression (i was Always the really sweet kid who never wanted to hurt anyone feelings, even when someone would curse me out i would still bend over backwards to help, very naive) but not a talker, not an attention seeker) anyways, i kinda lived in a dream like state after that for years, i didn't socialize, i had huge anxiety problems, i hated making mistakes i would rather die then make mistakes. so for three years i locked myself inside of the house and only talked to my siblings. At 21 i went back to school and all of a sudden a whole new world opened for me, i saw people doing drugs, going out partying and having friends and i had my first kiss at 22 and the guy that kissed me turned out to be an jackass who said ''i was dissappointment'' because i didn't have a social life. That really hurt me because i was already depressed.. Anyhow now im 24 not many friends, live on my own but very very very depressed, they put me on sertalin but its not working, i want to feel better one day i want to enjoy life and move on but something inside of me says i won't ever be able to live normally, maybe i have an mentall illnes?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, you're just beaten down as you say. I think you need therapy, but even more, you need to find a place where you have a role to play, where you can engage with others and help them. Have you thought about volunteering at a homeless center, or something like that?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You have already asked this question many times. You probably need professional help. Also, if you can't stand living on your own, try finding a room-mate.