Is it normal for a guy you are dating to like other girls Facebook photos?

A guy I have been seeing for the past four months seems to have a wandering eye on Facebook for beautiful women. I made the mistake of creeping his beautiful female Facebook friends and see he likes most of their photos (literally yesterday was the most recent). He says things to me like I'm the best thing that has ever happened to him, he has never felt this way about a girl before, he thinks I'm amazing and beautiful and he recently deleted his dating app because I asked him if he was still using it so he deleted that. He says good morning and goodnight every day to me, he is always talking to me and any free time he has he wants to be with me and he even introduced me to his parents last weekend which he says he never does with girls.
This is a long distance situation and I am wandering if this is a huge red flag?

14d Just to clarify he has told me he hasn't seen any other women since he met me and has no desire to. We haven't had the official boyfriend girlfriend conversation yet but have agreed to not see other people.

What Guys Said 3

• u need to have the bf/gf title thing. i always hated it because no one ever did that for me... its always like months later im like... i guess im her boyfriend...

part of getting together is having the sit down and laying down ur rules. tell him what u think is unfair and cheating. so if u are unhappy with this stuff u need to let him know. and u two neeed to work out what will and won't be done by BOTH of u, from then on.

• 14d

I guess I just want to know if that is normal and I am over reacting.. but yes we likely should have that conversation

• 13d

@lawstudent931 well a chick making up dumb rules in her head is one thing ;) but if two people agree to something... i feel no sympathy for the guy who breaks what he agrees to on his own. some people all they have is their word. and liars and betrayers are one of my pet peeves :)

• 13d

I agree, I can't stand liars and people who betray those they "love" :/

• I think it's normal. He is free to like other people's photos

• I don't know if that's normal but it sounds rude.

What Girls Said 18

• It doesn't bother me if he gives me the attention I desire. Men will always be visual creatures, so I don't get too upset when they simply "like" an attractive woman's picture. It would be different if he's also commenting on every picture, especially with flirtatious or lewd comments. Almost all the guys I know are notorious for liking the pictures and posts of most of their female friends (myself included), regardless of whether they're in a relationship or not. Doesn't mean they're trying to hit it.
    I'd recommend just letting him know that it's something you've noticed and that it makes you uncomfortable. If he cares about you as much as he says he does, I'm sure he'll be a little more conscious about liking every post that crosses his path.

• hi and right hold it there hunny, this guy and you are getting on great, all the great compliments, remember a lot of guys dont do this easily, deleted his app, always talking to you and spending time with you and the parents, so lets say this is 99% great and the one thing you are questioning is your stalker behaviour which is self harming you the most. liking a photo of someone you know is ok, you do it most likely, as do a lot of people. why are you looking for a clause of distruction amongst so much good? ok if its a deal breaker for you about facebook maybe you will need to bring about a conversation about it with him somehow? what scares you about it? xx

• I was starting to understand you but when I read that you were in a long distance relationship. I stopped dead in my tracks. I think people dont see the big picture when they get into these long distance relationships with someone they met online. Him flirting with other women on facebook is a huge red flag. Lets say if he likes a female pic and the girl messages him. Can you say without a doubt that he will not reply to her? He is supposed to be in a relationship with you and flirting with women online. I would not trust a guy like, and Im just being truthful to you.

• this is why social media has created a monster, when it comes to relationships. you have all this data about your partner, but no context; if you go looking, whatever you find will only fuel your paranoia, rather than provide you with whatever comfort you're seeking. surveillance in relationships is super dangerous for this reason.

just because he Likes her doesn't mean that he likes her. and it sounds like he's serious about you, so give him a chance until he proves that he can't be trusted.

• Girl your over reacting. It's not that deep. You will just sound insecure if you bring this up to him.. this is normal. Guys look at other girls all the time even when they have girlfriend but just because she catches his eye you still got his heart that's all that matters. Sounds to me like he really likes you especially if he introduced you to his parents and isn't seeing anyone else even though agreed to it. I don't think it's a red flag

• My boyfriend has a lot of female friends and from time to time likes their pictures on fb. I admit I dont always like it because they are all way more pretty than me. But I accept that these are his friends and he knew them way before he was with me. Point is its a like not a confession of love he is with you because he wants to be. Insecurities can be a bitch. Have a little trust and talk about what ye are to each other.

• If you become BF/GF, you have the right to let him know it upsets you. It's not unreasonable to dislike that. If he cares about you and your feelings, He should stop once you have an open conversation about it!

• I'd be turned off by that but guys like to look lol that's how they are

• It is a red flag, men can cheat with their eyes and if he is doing it to the point of actually clicking photos, it can be a sign but if he is truly dedicated to you that matters and also he may stop if the relationship with you progresses but you can always communicate with him about it also

• It seems like he's really into you, I wouldn't worry about it. I like my friends post and pictures all the time

• From the sounds of it maybe the photos came up on his feed and he liked them... I wouldn't consider that cheating...

• It's normal I think, some people tend to like most posts of their friends.

• Yes, it's normal.

• Do you like other guys pictures? He might just be being friendly but if it makes you insecure why don't you talk to him about it?

• 14d

I don't want to come across as untrusting or reading into things too much

• 14d

I understand that, but would you rather be in a relationship with someone you can talk about your insecurities with or someone you are insecure about?

• Lol are you trying to get with every guy who's photos you like? It's not a big deal at all

• Are you talking about photos that popped up on his newsfeed or photos he specifically looked for?

• It depends on what type of photos in my opinion. If they're just decent photos of girls than he's probably just being friendly/nice. If they're "hot" photos though, I would be annoyed honestly. I'm the girlfriend, I'm the eye candy.

• I wouldn't see liking photos as a wandering eye-lol. I like all sort of photos... it's not that deep.