What do I do about my boyfriend thinking he is gay?

My boyfriend and I have been on and off for 6 months now and he keeps saying that he is gay. He doesn't want to break up with me because he does not want to loose me. what do I do? please respond asap like now

What Guys Said 5

• If he honestly thinks that he is gay then there is nothing that you can do except to support his decision. You can't change his mind, you can't change what he knows deep down inside. What you CAN do is to break off the relationship, you have that right. You want a boyfriend and, if he is gay, he can't offer you that. He doesn't want to lose you and that's understandable. Perhaps you two can be friends in time, once you have come to terms with things. He would have to understand that you might be a bit hurt and he would have to give you some time to think.

Try to bear in mind that this could be a very emotional and confusing time for him so if you can find it within yourself to be supportive then do so, but make sure you consider your own feelings too.

• You wait for his teenage brain to correct itself. Teens are constantly changing and these days that also mean that they are trying new sexualities. From what it seems they try it after they get a girlfriend and are in a relationship. Maybe it is that they are scared of commitment or they are looking for greener pastures.
    If you two are on again and off again. Just go off until he gets over this fad of his.

• Well if he really is gay then he doesn't like you in a normal girlfriend--boyfriend kind of way. You're just a friend to him. So you have to ask yourself if you want to have a boyfriend who doesn't like you in the normal way.

• Hun break up with him and Tell him to study the Bible, cause he sounds lost

• And what makes him think that? I mean if he is not sexually aroused by girls then you've got a friend, not a boyfriend. Not much to do about it.
    If it is something else.. Then maybe you can work with it.

• 14d

He said thtt he doesn't feel the same. we broke up but we got back together

• 14d

Feel the same? I mean, he either thinks girls are attractive and sexually arousing or he does not. Its not really in your hands here.

If its just him wanting to try something like the receiving end, then you might be able to play along with that if you're into it. But if he is gay, he's gay. You can inject some hormones and change it but that is highly unethical and probably very illegal so you know.. Figure out if he is into girls, if he isn't. RIP.

What Girls Said 3

• Are you ok with him liking other men? if not, then break up of course. i mean, he has always been this way. he is just now being real with you. Is he still intimate with you? he may just be bi

• If he thinks he is gay let him go. If he doesn't let you go.. he is straight or bi curious

• He must trust you a lot if he is able to tell you this. It is probably a very confusing and scary time for him and he is probably telling you this because he realises that you deserve someone that can give you what you want and need. He can't offer you that, hun.

I suggest you break up with him, he's probably too scared to do it since it means that he has to deal with coming out. It's not fair to either of you. All he has to offer you is friendship, if you are able to support him in this then that's amazing. If not, that is okay to, I'm sure it's a hard time for you as well.

Has he told anyone else?